Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, November 13, 2014
mug shot for throwback Thursday....
Lori was blogging about shaving bowls for customers: a bowl easily held in the hand, used with a brush and soap for men to shave with. I made this mug 20-25 years ago and it was a favorite of my wife's back then, but somehow I took it over and began filling it with bar soap scraps. I STILL toss in the the end of every soap bar and use it for shaving! One of those ancient things used all the time and kinda ignored...until you realize how long it has been in use!
We are gonna see an end to our super-fine fall weather. That wintry sh!t is coming....but the last 2 days were GOLDEN and Yogi came over to play with Penny...have you noticed that sometimes when other dogs come over to her yard (esp. a big one) she gets up on our Own Personal Stonehenge...just to assert she is King of the hill or Queen of the yard????
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:20 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- open studio, day 2!
- open studio Friday and Saturday!
- stuffed SHELLS not turkey: the vegetarian freak's...
- that pretty pumpkin pie nutmeg-cinnamon color.... ...
- MONSTER and child....
- a gracious and tidy life?
- wouldn't it be nice if.....?
- CRAZY CAT LADIES, when you go shopping, what do YO...
- no, we didn't get 6 feet snow here....
- teapot Tuesday and toads....
- mug shot Monday goes to the ...frogs....
- a little 0rgy of tastiness....
- Over the river and through the woods: looking Chr...
- a day in the life...with YOGI
- mug shot for throwback Thursday....
- an unexpected turn.....
- CURE for the blues: corgis and beagles!
- flower vases with flowers on them...
- green stuff, more of the white stuff (PESTO PIZZA!)
- white stuff....
- when dreams become reality
- arrrgh...searching for silver linings....
- quilting with qats
- post-game recap...
- topsy turvy...
- grand day out...
- ▼ November (29)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Fun looking mug too. Gives you a smile in the morning, I’m sure.
Thanks for the link back.
Gary!!! I LOVE that shaving mug! It's perfect. PERFECT!
The cold is going to reach us in NC too... good bye 70 degree days. I am hopeful they will return soon.
It's fun to see how your work has evolved over 20+ years.
Hi Gary, Penny and Yogi...and the guy with the soap for brains is a great shaving mug!
I remember buying my dad that Old Spice shaving mug back in the day! Men still use those?
Post a Comment