Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, November 14, 2014
a day in the life...with YOGI
I have to remind myself sometimes "Yogi is NOT your dog...you just hang out together a lot....".
Next door to Yogi's house is a small farmlet with chickens. He is used to them and they are used to him. As a matter of fact, Yogi's family tosses old veggies from their own garden into the chicken pen, so the chickens get REALLY excited to see him, thinking he might be bringing them an old summer squash.
My own beagle Penny has a totally friendly and winning personality, but she is not good in the studio. She eats clay. beagles eat everything. Yogi naps and does nothing. Guess who gets invited into my studio to work?
(Chicken jars by Gary Rith)
I sculpted a couple of wall pieces yesterday, Godzilla eating an airplane and Godzilla eating a car....
The wife came home early and found us hanging out and got the pics....at this point, Penny and Spike were sound asleep off camera and Yogi still following me around...have a great Friday yourself!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:15 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- open studio, day 2!
- open studio Friday and Saturday!
- stuffed SHELLS not turkey: the vegetarian freak's...
- that pretty pumpkin pie nutmeg-cinnamon color.... ...
- MONSTER and child....
- a gracious and tidy life?
- wouldn't it be nice if.....?
- CRAZY CAT LADIES, when you go shopping, what do YO...
- no, we didn't get 6 feet snow here....
- teapot Tuesday and toads....
- mug shot Monday goes to the ...frogs....
- a little 0rgy of tastiness....
- Over the river and through the woods: looking Chr...
- a day in the life...with YOGI
- mug shot for throwback Thursday....
- an unexpected turn.....
- CURE for the blues: corgis and beagles!
- flower vases with flowers on them...
- green stuff, more of the white stuff (PESTO PIZZA!)
- white stuff....
- when dreams become reality
- arrrgh...searching for silver linings....
- quilting with qats
- post-game recap...
- topsy turvy...
- grand day out...
- ▼ November (29)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Good thing you use white clay, which doesn't show on Yogi...just think what red clay would do on that pretty white fur! Pink Pooch!
Yogi's a lucky dog.
Yogi makes a great and adorable assistant!!!! You've been a busy bee. :)
You know, I really like my life, but yours looks awesome. I'd be willing to give it a try :-)
Love the chicken sculptures, and how fun is to have such an adorable dog to hang out with. Yogi is like having grandchildren... play with them all day and send them home and let the parents pay the bills!
The chickens inspired you. Yogi has such a cute, fluffy face.
YOGI!! So cuuuuute!
Also, I love snooping a peek at your studio picks!!! Behind the scenes with Gary. :)
Post a Comment