WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Three Cats for Time warp Tuesday!
My entry this week involves more random photos floating around on my desk, this time of our two old (and gone!) cats, Sammy (1990-2007) and Emily (1994-2011), seen here with Spike, who wanted his breakfast when I took this pic.....
If you go back to my early blogging days (I never do) or if you were reading me then, you remember Sammy, my fuzzy old orange and white tiger. Both cats in 2007 ate tainted pet food and became sick, Sammy was 17 and did not recover, Emily did.
Sammy was my bachelor cat! I got him as a small kitten in Chicago as a stray in a December snow storm, and he nearly died. He was a beautiful little kitten, and eventually got well and was a big, handsome, robust cat. When he was about one I was like "Sammy, let me introduce you to my future wife" and he liked the (future) wife a lot and even crawled up her skirt and puked. I remember getting our dog Petey (last Tuesday's post!) and saying "oh, let's get Sammy a dog!" HE DID NOT WANT A DOG. Then we said "let's get Sammy a kitten" and HE DID NOT WANT a kitten....or the other dogs we got (see last Tuesday's post!). He was a bit moody, but absolutely my best friend....Emily here in the right picture was another abandoned kitten...but oh so sweet. Well, anyway, Spike here was also abandoned and I am sorry, I am getting teary thinking about these guys...but anyway, both Emily and Sammy had very looooong and healthy and happy lives with us :)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- Halloween = CEMETERIES?
- sidestepping Sandy and Time Warp Tuesday!
- disgusting and despicable
- speaking of frogs....
- the whole dang thing...put together!
- thinking of CHRISTMAS...2 short months from today!
- speaking of Claudia and blackberries...the berry k...
- time warp Tuesday, toddlers and therapy dogs!
- my azz: a BARELY SAFE FOR WORK post....
- blog tourism.....
- the long and winding road....
- speaking of RELIGION and POLITICS....
- if your dog ATE A BAR OF SOAP what might happen?
- killer kalzones!!!!!
- Three Cats for Time warp Tuesday!
- last day of summer....
- the invasion of the cousins....!!!!
- this is why the cat is NOT allowed in the studio...
- picky about pitchers ... and piggies....
- going to extremes....
- Madonna and child, Michelangelo and ME
- BABY ALEX = practice for therapy dogs!
- Time warp Tuesdays!
- ME, in PARIS, with JENNIFER ANNISTON!
- in which my dog PASSES the evaluation ...much to m...
- pork dumplings
- fall colors = LEAVES and beer chili....
- frogs: not just for breakfast anymore
- hospice: speaking of eating cars and end of life ...
- whacked pot....
- ▼ October (32)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)