Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, September 21, 2012

"I am tired of pickets"

Our painter extraordinaire Stephen, who has carpentry and design skills way beyond mere house painting tells me yesterday "I am tired of pickets".  We have a lot of them.  He is painting them grey-blue-green now....but our 2 decks are done!  What an awesome fourth color, it is just this pretty dark bit sort of in the background.  You can see below what he means, ahem, about the pickets and our fence, which I am guessing he finishes today.

I started taking that picture and Penny, well, anyway.....



Favorite colors on these mugs, just outta the kiln!

6 comments:

smartcat said...

House mugs! Cool!

Is Stephen tired of pickets because they are such a hassle to paint? We have mostly stone walls or near the ocean, privet, which is one of the few hedge plants that grows in salt air.

The house is looking great. You certainly picked the right colors!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

they are INDEED a bit of a hassle to paint....

Busy Bee Suz said...

The mugs are matching your lovely home.....great shades. And yeah, that is a lot of pickets, but I likey!

gz said...

its looking really pretty- tell him, keep up the good work!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Reminds me of painting the posts and railings on my mother's deck. From sunup to past sundown and STILL not finished! If she had a fence, I think we might have felt defeated.
ALMOST DONE!!!

gayacac said...

Greatttttttt work!

Check out our workshops and resident artist programs at www.gayaceramic.com
http://gayacac.blogspot.com/

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.