Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, February 25, 2012

wherever you look? CATS!


You will remember my old friend Pete, the guy who helped get the cat mug ball rolling? The other day he is like "special order: need a larger cat mug with a face and tail and a LID...can you do it?" and I was like "it could look AWESOME!"
Have a fantastic weekend everybody!

9 comments:

pminnihan said...

Looks awesome Gary - And I've decided that I'm keeping it. Screw my neighbor, I was over there the other day and she was a total jerk (she's kind of a real piece of work sometimes). So anyway - MINE !!!

2 things - If you can glaze it black but keep the face & ears white (I have a white cat) that would look really good. Also, with the lid if you added 3 or small perforations, it would allow your tea/coffee to stay warm but cool down gradually. Anyway it's looking great - thanks again amigo.

pminnihan said...

I meant 3 or 4 small perforations above.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Face and ears = OK my man! And I better run down and get a couple of holes in there before it dries too much ...
=^..^=

pminnihan said...

Actually (new thought) A design of 4- 6 whiskers carved into the lid (like 1/8 inch by 1/2 inch would be really freaking cool and complement the piece both functionally and aesthetically. ><

I like the idea of a mug where you can keep the lid on while your tea steeps or your coffee cools. OK, I shall stop bugging you.

Barbara Rogers said...

I showed your blog to Muffin, who's sitting right here now...she said PURR. Guess that's definitely approval. Great big mug o'cat!

Michèle Hastings said...

nice rendition of the covered mug. i have a jz one that i use a lot, no holes in the cover, i think it might defeat the purpose (which is to keep it warmer or if the studio, the dust out!)

Elizabeth Grimes said...

It does look awesome! Good idea.

Hilary said...

Excellent.. and adorable.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh yes...that is really really awesome.
Some people look out their window and all they see is cats, cats, everywhere cats.
Yeah, that would be me.
Happy Sunday!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.