Amy shows up with a bag full of awesomeness from her farm up the road every other day....she and Dave are our buddies, but YES, pottery is involved from our side. Last night, for example, there were tomatos and Thai hot peppers and pretty green and purple lettuce, but last week? A bag of gorgeous eggplants. They have the most pretty color don't they? I had just seen an awesome article in the NY Times about eggplant steamed with peanut sauce, oh WOW! It is an immensely simple recipe---you can look at the original, but this is how I did it.
for 2 hungry people: steamed eggplant with peanut sauce and noodles
in large pot with a steamer for veggies, pour in an inch of water and put onto high heat, do the same with a small pan half full of water
cube an eggplant
when both pans start to boil, toss the eggplant into the big, and 2 handfulls of noodles into the small, turn each down to low heat as you would usually cook pasta, and set timer ten minutes
dice 1/2 cup tomato and 1/4 cup onion and when pasta done, add a small spoonful of oil to the noodles plus onion and tomato
in bowl, mix 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs brown sugar, 1 tbs lime juice, garlic powder and red pepper powder and 1/2 cup water, stir!
eggplant should be tender after ten minutes steaming, divide onto 2 plates, divide noodles with it then top with the peanut sauce, sooooooo tasty!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- the MOTHER of all cute little pots.....
- boatload of CLPs
- speaking of peaches...
- CLP and BFF
- CLP or the little gem....
- party party par-TAY!
- blood and guts, skull and crossbones....
- the story of wee Johnny
- more wag, LESS BARK!
- a cat's tail.......
- grand day out at the fair.....
- Saturday = Rotten Groton!
- Thursday night art par-TAY!
- killer eggplant!
- making a little gem.....
- keeping it simple!
- beauty and beastliness...
- off to Aurora where I was a VERY BIG DEAL....
- all that and muffins too
- Chinese-ish cucumber salad with the tri-color menace
- the tiger is DEAD!
- heading to the zoo and other such shows.....
- fistfuls of tums....the haiku
- sleeping beauty.....and beastie bowls!
- Mickey and Minnie GO DOWN
- blogging anniversary: 5 years?! 5000+ posts.......
- "we're RICH!"
- probably the biggest cat you have ever seen in you...
- bunch of beastie bowls
- "Le Lapin Mechant" by Tardy Rearwhig
- rotten Groton and the BEASTIE BOWLS
- roasting veggies....
- turquoise bowl and then some....
- Buster Boo
- over in Aurora.....
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I love eggplant too...this meal looks perfect!
Lovely dog, great blog.
Looks great if one loves eggplant. George and I do not like it...hahahhahaa! Squash, and most other veggies we love but eggplant, no. It's pretty to look at, love the color....
I love eggplant and I love peanut sauce but have never had them together - I'm trying it this weekend!
Mmmm, mmmm--I love eggplant!
penny seems very alarmed by those eggplants.
Post a Comment