Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

to celebrate TWENTY (20!!!!) years of wedded bliss and such...

You will recall that me and the wife got together 20 years ago, January 31, and you will also recall we got married on Christmas, NEARLY 20 years ago.  Coming up!
Look what I surprised the wife with, to celebrate.  We like to have something together to celebrate wedding anniversaries (in addition to the avalanch of LOOT that comes with anniversaries...and Christmas...)
I had Stephen, a fine finish carpenter, who painted our house, replace the old door between our living room and studio with...the wife's DREAM:  a French door!
Across the street, Terri Ann and Chris have a little dog that the wife babysat for, and we admired THEIR awesome French door with crystal handle.  When the wife babysat, the reward was an antique crystal door knob....and the project grew from there...
and the wife was surprised indeed!  I had to paint the door and moldings white, so even I had a small and useful part in the operation.  This door will allow both the studio and living room to be a lot more bright...

old door...can you find the beagle in these pictures?


new one....

...

10 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

C'est beau!

isn't everything better in French?

Lori Buff said...

Very nice, you both should be very happy with that beautiful addition to your lives.

smartcat said...

What a pretty door. Spike and Penny look like they approve.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Oooh la la!

1. Great gift!
2. Spike... oh, man, I am always surprised at how HUGE that dude is...
3. I grew up in a house with glass knobs and I miss them. My house now is not of the proper era or decor, or else I'd be replacing the ones I've got with glass knobs!

smalltownme said...

An anniversary door! Love the crystal!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the door!!!! It really does change the look of that area....enjoy!!!

Julia said...

You are very thoughtful, and that is a lovely French door! It does make everything brighter!

smalltownme said...

I thought I had a picture of this but I can't find it. I saw an old OLD car at a car show and the owner had used a crystal doorknob for the gearshift knob!

k.a. barnes said...

Nice!!

Vicki said...

Aww that's one of the best anniversary presents I've seen :]

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.