Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Going GREEN

SO, like I say...our purple house is being painted...Stephen did the last prep quite fast.  There was very little scraping-priming to be done, and late in the morning the first cans of spring green were opened and he began the FUN part.....he is very quick.  The whole house will be done with the green, then he goes back and details the windows and doors with the cream and periwinkle.  Last is the 2 back decks, the fence, and the foundation will be a fourth color,  called 'spruce blue' which is a dark grey-green-blue color....

The wife tells me "the house looks more purple when it is being painted green!".



You probably love these enormous beer mugs of mine, badass, eh?

6 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks so much for letting us watch. Can't wait to see how it looks all completed! But the process is really fun too!

Lori Buff said...

Going Green is good

Michèle Hastings said...

lookin' good!

smalltownme said...

Purple or green, it will still be a fine looking house.

soubriquet said...

All shades of green being pretty much universally my favourite colours, I'm approving your choice.
The automated check-out in my local supermarket keeps stopping and saying "Item needs approval".
A member of staff wanders over, in a leisurely way, swipes a card over the laser, and I can proceed. What I really want, of course, is not their clearing of the code-block, but their wholehearted approval. "Hey, great choice with that bottled beer!", or even better "Hey Mr Soub, you're looking great today!".

So. Here it is "Great choice of colours, guys, great choice of house too!"

I liked the purple. Even though it looks blue to me.
And now, minty goodness.

Julia said...

I can picture it in my mind - and it's awesome!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.