Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, September 6, 2012

after my little bit of drama.....



(I told you last week about revisiting an old idea for elephant cups, here are some, freshly fired, mmmmmm!)

 Thanks for listening to my story in yesterday's post. I find it interesting that people warn ME to be safe---I do not worry about that dude for myself! He is just creepy-weird, and apparently fixates on women alone. I suspect I will see him around the neighborhood today, as we all do, and as I say, I plan to tell him to stay away from us. In the aftermath of yesterday's incident, I felt jingly-jangly, and in the mood to....well, make my cutest and brightest work.  It is like a repetitive OHM....I started making cows jumping over the moon (fired one in the middle below) and after some of those felt myself again and moved on to pigs...sharks, crocs....

 
You probably need something like those cow jumping over the moon pieces I am making, and there is one at my online etsy gallery indeed! cow jumping over the moon

5 comments:

smartcat said...

Cow Over the Moon! Way to go They are such happy jumpers.
BTW, the beer bread is amazing and incredible with barbecued. pulled pork.
There is a photo of Godzilla hatching over on icanhas-dot-cheezburger-dot-com-slash-page-slash-two. Well it says it's a turtle but we know better

Michèle Hastings said...

I love those elephant mugs!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I'm sorry you felt that way, but I do love the phrase "jingly-jangly". Those elephant mugs....awesome!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Jingly Jangly? yep, I've felt that too.
love the cows mooning!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Perhaps the best way to feel NORMAL after all the crazy goings-on is to swing the total opposite direction. It helps bring some wonderfulness back into the world, yes?

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.