Our back yard. Sheesh its gorgeous, hmm??? I am surprising the wife this afternoon with my first ever pumpkin pie....made with no gluten in the crust and no dairy either. ***Recipes follow, I made granola, then a granola pie crust then pumpkin pie....busy day, hmm?
The wife loves pumpkin pie and I thought I should try it...
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Stir together honey and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir together oats, flour, sliced almonds, and salt in a large bowl. Add honey mixture to oatmeal mixture, stirring until combined. Spread oat mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, stirring often.
|GRANOLA PIE CRUST|
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 1/2 c. granola
1/3 c. chopped nuts
3 tbsp. brown sugar
Mix together all ingredients. Press into 8 inch pie pan and chill until set. This is a never fail recipe.
Pumpkin pie with soy milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups soy milk (10 oz.)
- 2 large eggs
- Pastry for a single-crust 9-inch pie, purchased (thawed if frozen) or homemade
- to prepare:
- 1. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Add pumpkin, soy milk, and eggs; whisk until well blended. Pour mixture into unbaked pastry in pan.
- 2. Set pie on bottom rack of a 425° regular or convection oven. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°; continue baking until center of pie is set and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes longer.
- 3. Set pie on a rack until cool, at least 2 hours. After serving, chill pie airtight.