Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

you probably wanted to know what our living room looks like



And there it is! Not as clean...or as dirty...as could be. Big black labs shed a lot of black fur, you know? Penny hates other dogs and cats but spends all day cuddled up to either Buster the lab or Spike the cat.....her posse....


These tiles look good eh? Gotta make MORE! More tiles, more everything....the cow-pig bowl below? I like pigs more, so photographed the pig over the cow....
have an awesome Wednesday!



(new pottery by Gary Rith)

8 comments:

Lori Buff said...

My living room looks about the same, animals lounging all over the place. Makes you want to take a nap.
The tiles are great, yes, make more.

Unknown said...

That first picture of your living room littered with animals reminds me of hashbrowns at the Waffle House, where they serve them Scattered, Smothered, and Covered. (Thankfully not with domesticated animals. Usually with onions and cheese.)

Penny is gorgeous.

And I'm loving your tiles, and think your animals paintings just keep getting better and better! You go, Gary!

Reverend Awesome said...

I agree, the animal paintings just keep getting better!
I love the little pawprints on the tiles. Great touch!

Knight said...

That is pretty much what I thought your living room would look like. Animals spread out on teacups. Who is this Buster? We don't see as much of him.

gary rith said...

thanks, the painting IS going well. Buster is semi-retired at age 12 and a half, and spends a lot of time asleep....

Joyful Things said...

I Love your doodles. So much that I tried to draw on my pottery and it is not as easy a job as you make it look. In fact, it is down right difficult. I was drawing botanicals (okay leaves) but that is not what they ended up looking like. So now I have even more respect for your work.

Unknown said...

Your house looks just fine! We love it! Love the wall to wall pets, you know that is our style. Your pottery is really wonderful, as you! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Full of critters....and critters come with fur!
xo

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.