Tuesday, June 14, 2011
the owl and the pussycat and the zombie
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
I see these guys coming along and pledge to make moremoremore! Takes forever it feels like, all that painting, but feels good.
a) I like the motif, elephants following each other and
b) I like the motif, mama bear holding baby bear AND
c) zombies of course but
d) I also like the owl and the pussycat motif, do you know the poem by Edward Lear? here it is--and the mug has a pig too, as you would expect
The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
In a beautiful pea green boat,
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love,
What a beautiful Pussy you are,
What a beautiful Pussy you are!'
Pussy said to the Owl, 'You elegant fowl!
How charmingly sweet you sing!
O let us be married! too long we have tarried:
But what shall we do for a ring?'
They sailed away, for a year and a day,
To the land where the Bong-tree grows
And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood
With a ring at the end of his nose,
With a ring at the end of his nose.
'Dear pig, are you willing to sell for one shilling
Your ring?' Said the Piggy, 'I will.'
So they took it away, and were married next day
By the Turkey who lives on the hill.
They dined on mince, and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon;
And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand,
They danced by the light of the moon,
They danced by the light of the moon.
- ► 2012 (416)
- it all started when....
- you probably wanted to know what our living room l...
- Chuck and the fierce beagle......
- REdefining ADORable....
- partying with Benji, Erin, the wife and.....
- a boatload once again.....
- Soupy? Soupie?? Soupey??? Soopie????
- adorable alert: BEAGLES and BLACK coffee...
- must have been Monday, if everything was gonna bre...
- so much to see....
- and a happy father's day to you too!
- more fun with planking!!!!!
- painting the beagle...
- things you don't want to see.....
- the owl and the pussycat and the zombie
- KILLER beagle.....
- burning down the house....
- when pigs fly....
- the wife and the ass.....
- mustache mug.......
- funky punky monkey junk
- SNOW in June
- the wife returns and more wildlife.....
- car jar!
- Penny and the ENORMOUS...DOG?
- the story of the PINK SOAP dish and partying whils...
- the wife will be on the road wondering WTF I have ...
- "I forget I am married to a star"
- SNAKE no more.......
- June 1.................
- ▼ June (32)
- ► 2010 (616)