Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, June 6, 2011

Penny and the ENORMOUS...DOG?

You will recall that Saturday I was mountain biking on Ithaca's South Hill rail trail, yesterday i walked Penny on the East Hill rail trail....



Penny was shocked SHOCKED to come across these huge...dogs, cats, what were they? You can't see it but she was interested at first, then hid behind my legs. She is a cute little scaredy cat. Cornell University has all kinds of horsey things going on. The sign there I think said these horses were from the polo team. Yes, Cornell has polo for real with an indoor polo arena (our weather is NOT like Bermuda's). if I was a bitter person I would say "Cornell wastes all this money on polo and sh!t, but closed the ceramics studio...." But I am not bitter and these horsies are cute.

The trail parts we did Sunday are about 2 1/2 miles out and back, so 5 miles for me and the little beagle. There are waterfalls, Cascadilla Creek, and a CAFE right in the middle. *The cafe is pretty awesome and cute. But its the 3rd owners in 3 years, I hope it survives....if it does survive long enough, a HUGE apartment building is being constructed behind it. You would think that helps, plus I found a four leaf clover there and gave it to them......




*Penny stole HALF my lunch off the table Sunday, a first, AND found an ice cream cone on the ground a child had dropped.....


9 comments:

gz said...

no wonder Penny was grinning!!

Hilary said...

Penny knows how to work these outings. Looks like a lovely time.

CiCi said...

What a great photo of Penny and the horse doing the ESP thing.

Lori Buff said...

I always feel a little sad when I see an ice cream cone on the ground, obviously Penny sees them exactly the opposite. Good for her.

~ Sil in Corea said...

It's good for Penny that they were laid-back horses. Maybe she'll be cool with them once she gets used to the idea of Humongous Beasties. ;-)

Susan as Herself said...

The stress of seeing those horses obviously made her hungry! Oh, Penny. Good thing you are so cute!

cindy shake said...

I think Penny is really a horse whisperer...

Reverend Awesome said...

PENNY IS SMILING!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh love these photos, Polo ponies are the greatest of horses. Tough as nails, and definitely not skittish. I used to lease one when I played polo...love the game, and adored Bandit. One awesome critter, and they usually love dogs, but are way too rough....
Love the photos...beautiful, and Penny as always is marvelous...:)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.