Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, June 2, 2011

SNAKE no more.......


(that was then................)
You will remember a few days ago I showed pics of this big scary (harmless) snake in my yard. I think it decided to move across the street, and when we went out walking with the beagle Wednesday morning, there is this big bloody mess in the road in front of our house. It just got flatter and flatter with a days' worth of trucks and cars, until you see below it was a dry and flat bit of nastiness in the end. Then the crows ate the last of it. Such excitement!!!!






You can see my excellent sunflowers here, going into the ground. I started them inside the studio, and June 1 was the planting moon...so I planted them. They are not dead yet, nearly 24 hours later, yippee! It did go down to 40 some degrees last night, but not too cold for them....
and there is Buster and our neighbors' gorgeous peonies.....

11 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Oh, Gary I cannot believe you posted that picture of the poor deceased snake (proof that you really do hate snakes). ICKY!!!! And I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee. :(

It's a good thing you finished up with nice pictures. I will just focus on pretty peonies and handsome Buster. *sigh*

gz said...

I didn't buy the Bio-Dynamic calendar this year :-(. Must get back into gear

Reverend Awesome said...

RIP creepy snake!
24 hours later you're plants are still alive. Are you like me? Do plans die in your presence?

Michèle Hastings said...

looks like a science a experiment... jeff sees skeletal structures in your future.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I, um, DO NOT see skeletal structures in my future, and without sounding too heartless, I am not missing that snake. Kasey, YES, planted plants see me? They die quickly. Weeds, on the other hand, thrive.

k.a. barnes said...

Eww, Gary, that is the grossest post I've ever seen you do.

soubriquet said...

Snaaaake! It's a snake! Oooooh!

Snakes, where I live, are very rare. Which is a good thing, as I really do not like them. yecchh.

I'm almost a badger on the subject of snakes. http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

Summer said...

Aww, poor snake! I have a fondness...


SO, the drink from my page is a very complicated cocktail of unflavored carbonated water and fruit slices. :)

Also, I love your elephant mugs very much.

Miss Heather said...

SO DISGUSTING! AAAHH!

Unknown said...

I don't care what anyone else says: that was a GOOD snake.

Because, you know, the only GOOD snake, is a dead snake, in my book...

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your blog rating just turned to rated R!!! :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.