Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, June 6, 2011

car jar!

You will know that I have been working on this car idea for months.
a) I finally figured how exactly I want to make them, step by step and
b) How a person could use them: call it a car jar! Good for coins, sugar, jelly beans, whatever you wanna put in there. It is important to me that they are made (like a bowl or vase) entirely of wheel thrown parts and the finished item is USEFUL--that is how a potter thinks and
c) I am musing over how to add spout and handle to make some into teapots too and
d) they take an impossibly long time to make and I am sorry, they will be expensive but finally
e) this one, just outta the kiln, is the best so far and I am terribly pleased with it :)


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that the dog's tongue is hanging out!

Unknown said...

Fabulous, dude! Absolutely fabulous!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is so awesome....big ol beagle tongue flying in the air!!!!!

Michèle Hastings said...

awesome car jar!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Gary, I just finally got to watch the video of you making Lolo's mug!!! Amazing!!!!!!!
I can't wait to show it to her.
You are a beast potter. :)

Reverend Awesome said...

Pleased, as you should be! That's great. Roll on little doggie.

Alfred said...

Nice car jar! Love it!

Unknown said...

This is really great Gary, I too love the tongue and the movement you have put into the clay. Wonderful job! Really wonderful piece...Love it!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.