Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, June 13, 2011

KILLER beagle.....

MMmmm, much to report upon....


I finished this teapot on Sunday, kinda elaborate, took forever. I was falling asleep the previous day, had an idea, doodled it on paper (see scrap below, upper right) and then endeavored to make it....it worked :) And YES, CM, I made your piggy too...




We took Penny down to Stewart Park Sunday for the mega-hike along the Cayuga Lakefront. I had never been there before. The city of Ithaca is joining all the paths along the southern shore into one long and awesome bike path, due to finish next year. Most is finished. Upon leaving, we saw signs saying that dogs are not allowed in Stewart park, whooooops! Guess next time we won't be able to bring our adorable yet fierce beagle...





These below just came outta the kiln. You can see that I am, as I have said, digging the checkerboard deco. The mug is cat one side, dog the other. The bowls have the friendly cat inside, and outside? A tiny little mouse if you look closely.....



Mr and Mrs Robinson are raising a family under our deck. Penny is furious about that. You will remember that last year the first chick tried to fly out, was briefly on the ground...and my adorable little beagle baby ATE IT........


13 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

i like the checkerboard/animal design too... for some reason it makes me think pasta bowls!

k.a. barnes said...

LOVE the checkerboard border!!
PS- must get together soon for grilled pizzas!!

Joyful Things said...

Archie hates birds too - one came to drink from the fountain on the deck and with one shake of his head the bird was finished. Boys were upset but Archie is a terrier - a killer of rodents and birds. Now we go out ahead of him and scare away anything that he might go after. Our neighbors are a bit on edge - thinking we are a bit odd - waving our arms and stamping our feet every time we open the patio doors.....

Lori Buff said...

That teapot looks huge. How are you going to decorate it?

CiCi said...

That's a giant teapot. I would use it for coffee on a warming plate.

Susan as Herself said...

Penny looks like Chief the cat they way he is glaring at those birds with death on his mind!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Tell Penny if she promises to leave the baby birds alone, I will take her to a dog friendly park!!!!!

gary said...

teapot, I am thinking, will be black with a big skull on the side :)

Reverend Awesome said...

That's weird that dogs aren't allowed in the park. I bet it's a park ran by birds! That's why they won't let Penny in there. They know she just wants in to eat up all the chicks.

I love the checkerboard pattern. Very nice.

Unknown said...

The park is really beautiful! I love the checkerboard also, makes it so warm and cozy looking.
I know I hate it when my Ratties try to gobble helpless things. They think the world is their snack bar.
The teapot is really beautiful, and quite the work of Art. A ton of engineering on that piece. Really a work of Art, fabulous! It will be gone quick....:)

Knight said...

Kick Ass shirt. Kick ass Pot. Kick ass Beagle with the a hunger for chicks. You have the coolest blog.

mermaid gallery said...

great to see a potter at work....and a beagle too!

Unknown said...

Amazing teapot!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.