Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, June 24, 2011

a boatload once again.....



This teapot above, I was gonna make it black with a skull, but the wife is like "blues!" so I did that. Twas a good idea, yes?
But what can I say? I am painting all these pieces this week. The pig on that teapot looks especially round and fun and friendly, so I know I am doing the right thing....I have been making tiles, too, that could be placed on a table as a hot pad or hung on the wall, just a chance to make something low priced and also experiment...



(new pottery by Gary Rith)

9 comments:

CiCi said...

What size are the tiles? Coaster size or hot plate size? That is a cool idea.

Lori Buff said...

That is a beautiful blue, she was right.

Reverend Awesome said...

AWWW! SO CUTE! Look at that cute little raccoon! Oh it's all so adorable.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The blue teapot is awesome...as are the tiles!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome! The tiles are very cute, love the racoon!

Unknown said...

Really cute pottery Gary. Love the trivets, that is a great idea. The drawings are oh so "falling in love with" wonderful. You certainly are producing a ton of work...great job! love seeing all your creative works!

cookingwithgas said...

Hey- love the tiles- nice addition.

cm said...

Dibs on the elephant! Now I know where to get accent tiles should my kitchen ever be finished enough to install a backsplash.

Unknown said...

That teapot is a LOVELY color: the wife was EVER so right!

In fact, I like everything in this post! Really nice stuff, Gary!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.