Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

oh joy, TUESDAY!

Here is a short haiku for Chip and Dale, currently setting up home in the wall of my bedroom:

Asleep all day long.
Then, mischief! Party on Chip!
Party on Dale! Schwing!

Gary cannot sleep,
Spike cat gonna shred your azz,
No tears for chipmunks!



(bowls by Gary Rith) I am sorta fiddling around with the shape of these bowls on the right-whacking them on the top half. I tried it with a vase yesterday, looks super good.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my... really? Chipmunks in the wall? Maybe you should get them a record deal. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the haiku! The first one made me laugh; the second one made me Spikes personal cheerleader. Go, Spike!!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say: gorgeous bowls!

jim said...

great shot of penny, the one of her in the car a couple posts back is the best one ever. too bad about the fornicating rodents.

Fran said...

HA! I loved the poem!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh...this is hilarious. You made me crack up..go get 'em Spike!

Reverend Awesome said...

I love the haikus. That's the only kind of poetry I can really wrap my head around.

Unknown said...

lol lol lol...very funn! :) Chimpmunks make my "Rat Terriers" go mad! Oh um, madder than usual! lol lol lol...:)

Jen Mecca said...

I remember when we had chipmunks in the house we lived in around Freeville. I bang on the wall as a kid so I could go to sleep!!

j said...

Hmm. My suggestion..have a friend with a ferret? A bit macabre but effective. Or even more fun.. could release a little rat/king or milksnake into the wall. That'll cure the problem..albeit a bit slowly. Snake will eat one of the little buggers..go to sleep for a week..etc etc. And of course then there's the slight difficulty of retrieving said snake once the mission has been completed. So upon further reflection,definitely the ferret. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Someone told me that if you scatter mothballs in the attic, the creatures will vacate. Anyone know if this works?

k.a. barnes said...

Excellent haiku! Go get 'em, Spike!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.