Gary's Third Pottery Blog
Michael Pollan — 'A good pot holds memories.'
Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Gallery 41 Owego, NY August 3 and 17 . Ithaca Artist market July 26. Cooperstown Art Association "Earth, Wind, Fire" New York Invitational August 22-Sept 20.. Six Mile Creek Winery Harvest Fest September 13. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2013-2014

Monday, August 23, 2010

blue jeans 2010



(pottery and test tiles by Gary Rith)
I was fiddling around with a mug shape and this looks pretty groovy eh? Also fiddling around with a new blue glaze recipe. I have called a blue glaze recipe of mine blue jeans before, and another new blue jeans, so this version has the year added. I feel like I hit a home run: this looks sharp, now gotta try it on some pots.

6 comments:

Baseball Mom said...

Very nice. Love the colors. :)

Liz said...

very indigo jeansy, me likey!!!!1

Both Sides of Ben Marlan said...

yeah, looks good Gman. i wouldnt actually glaze your pants though

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love those blues!!!

Becky Jo said...

Holy smokes! That is a killer blue glaze. :)

kcinnova said...

Love the glazing in both examples. I'm particularly fond of blues, but I'm really digging the multi-layered look of the glaze on those mugs.

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
I am a part-time pottery instructor at Cornell University Pot Shop and a full-time studio potter and sculptor, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.