Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

lions and tigers and bears OH MY!




(pottery by Gary Rith)
I swear this is the busiest week of my life. You wanna hear some of it?
OK--lucky me, lotsa orders and business, and LOOK AT this super duper skull mug experiment! Imagine it glazed black. You don't have to imagine it, you'll see it in a week :)
I have to deliver these mugs and more to a store today and then, oh gosh, the greatest adventure ever perhaps. I am doing a show in a ZOO. Real elephants? TIGERS? Who knows how many great animals I will see, but you KNOW I will get the pics and share it ALL HERE TOMORROW :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, how perfect is that? A show at a zoo! Lots of pictures por favor! :-)
Miri

Busy Bee Suz said...

Busy is GOOD!!!! $$$$

Liz said...

Give extra peanuts to the elephants for me!they are my absolute FAVOURITE animal/ good luck and hope you get lots of sales!

Reverend Awesome said...

That is f*cking awesome! Love the skull.
My favorite zoo animal are the penguins. I love those little weirdos. Sometimes I watch the live web came of the penguins at the Omaha zoo. They are just so happy and flapping their little wings around!

Fran said...

Gary, those are great!

barbaradonovan said...

awesome skully.

really enjoy your blog. sometimes its laugh out loud fun:)

Michèle Hastings said...

be sure to visit the monkeys... the are the BEST! speaking of monkeys... is goerges going too?

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

COOL! Those are sea shells etched into those beautiful pieces, aren't they?

The ZOO! Ooooh, that is gonna' be cool! Looking forward to the post! Hope you sell lots of stuff and get great animal pottery orders! [Not orders from the animals, LOL!]

k.a. barnes said...

The Zoo? How fun! I interviewed for a job at the Toledo Zoo once. It would've been cool. Four words of advice: Avoid. The. Reptile. House.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.