Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

flat rocks!





Me and Penny beagle, as I mentioned yesterday, were out and about at Cornell Plantations yesterday, our favorite hike. Fall Creek, which is a small river actually behind my house, flows down toward Cornell and Ithaca from our place and at the plantations goes over a small waterfall and onto a huge wide set of totally flat rocks, like a giant made a huge wading pool in the woods. It is the most gorgeous place, and people keep it clean. The water lever was very low, but Penny and I enjoyed it after a hot hike.
You will see in one of these pictures somebody made a cute set of hearts out of rocks--now that is the best kind of grafitti isn't it?

In other news, yesterday I DID get plenty of work done before spending the evening watching episodes of the Sopranos, like the pitchers here, and finishing my paint job up on the roof. Why am I up on the roof while the wife is out of town? Is that SAFE? That part of the roof is fairly flat, and it is so nice up there I started imagining a roof deck....you can see Spike in one of these shots telling me he would like to help paint.....






8 comments:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

What a beautiful spot. The pitchers are lovely too... Careful on that roof, or you'll be eating pain pills and blueberries like some of the other pottery pals!

CiCi said...

Good job to get some chores out of the way while the wife is out of town. When does she return?

denis said...

what a cool photo of penny on that bridge.

Just Me said...

Very pretty. I love the heart rocks.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I heart Heart graffiti.
Love Penny!!!

cookingwithgas said...

I would love to put my feet in that water!

Lori Buff said...

What a beautiful place, it made me home sick for just a minute.

Anonymous said...

What are you painting with that green paint? I love that color.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.