Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

my family :)



(pots by Gary Rith--YES, I do sometimes like a totally ordinary shaped pot like these vases, glazed turquoise and blue-green, pretty stuff eh wot? I have OPEN STUDIOS Saturday 1-5, C'MON over! Demos and sales! 540 Main st, Etna, NY, rt. 366, the purple house!)
You're probably like me: you're there at the dinner table, and you have to keep snapping pictures while the wife tries to eat her pizza and the cat tries to lick her bottom. Or whatever. (actually I think it is probably very annoying, but they all indulge me!) Spike is the big cat, Emily the small one washing up, Buster is the big dog, Penny the cute little beagle.






10 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

I love a family that sits around and scratches its self.
We have a saying- per my mother what are you doing?
Oh, we are just sitting around scratching and telling lies....

CiCi said...

Lovely family! How long did you make your wife wait to eat her pizza? Is that home made pizza?

Kari Weaver said...

Your post makes it sound like the cat is trying to lick your wife's bottom. Is that what you meant?

My family has gotten used to having their mugs on the blog, though they ask me to limit their exposure.

I might be overdue for some cute kitten pictures...

Gary's third pottery blog said...

YES I made the pizza :)

jim said...

amigo, i forgot to email you and let you know that i cancelled my trip... it's a long boring story. but gordo made it i see. hope you all had a good time, it looks like you did. maybe we'll go up at thanksgiving. it was 100 degrees here yesterday.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You have the sweetest family!
So, are the critters waiting on their slice?

Galiena said...

I love the pics of your family, and hey! thanks for the morning stretch, as I bent my head this way... then that way... looking at them! ; )

Jay said...

Yay for family!

k.a. barnes said...

Maude's earrings are to die for!
I did have to re-read that line about your wife and bottom-licking, tho. I was beginning to wonder;)

Cheryl said...

I too wondered about the bottom licking....think I have it all sorted out now. Maude looks very patient in the photos!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.