Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, August 19, 2010

hobo style....

(mugs by Gary Rith)
We had a party to go to last night. I met the wife at the Chapterhouse after work. I forgot to bring the camera to the party! OH WELL! The purpose of the party was to raise a little money for an artist friend who broke her leg and had surgery. She has no health insurance, and as you know, if that is true in this country now you are SKREWED (I guess tea baggers have never been without insurance and sick, or known anybody in that sad predicament). There were raffle tickets for her artwork, which is a super clever idea for a fund raiser: party! Prizes!!! Art and food!
My least favorite hobo showed up though at our pre-party party. He can ruin any good time, so we took off quick.

This is our personal after party at Viva tacos, dang its YUMMY. I had spilled bean glop all over the shirt I was wearing at home. Then, hobo style, I worked on spilling bean glop on the clean shirt...

See below? This friendly little bird was hanging around on the tables looking for bean glop to eat.
I had to get every last bit of bean glop off the foil (so tasty) and the wife took the picture---eating HOBO STYLE: making a mess, licking the foil....

6 comments:

Liz said...

viva taco looks like my kinda place.....sorry bout your friend, hope she feels better soon, and isn't buried by medical costs. I can't imagine how I would live without my Canadian health coverage. especially with my kids

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, health coverage...I have State health coverage, I would be devastated without it! I hope she feels bettr soon. I hope they don't screw your friend into a hole she can't get out of. So great of all of you to help her. :) You are great people for sure! :)

cookingwithgas said...

medical bills can eat you up!
BTW- your sweet wife is so sassy in that hat!

TUSEN VASER said...

Like the mugs!!!!

Reverend Awesome said...

America: Only the Insured Survive

You and Maude are the greatest. So are your friends minus the hobos.

jim said...

amigo, the crumbs on your chin are very convincing. it looks like another idyllic day in ithaca.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.