WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, July 22, 2010
I would do it for my mother-in-law, but NOT for you
(blueberry bowls by Gary Rith)
About ten years ago I started making bowls with apples, grapes, blueberries and strawberries on them, like these guys. They are VERY time consuming, and I do not make them often. My mother-in-law has 4 and wanted 4 more, and I will make them for her, but you would have to BEG for me to make them for you. They are really quite gorgeous. These are small, and would hold about 2 ice cream scoops, glazed in a nice ice blue.
OK, alright, I should make all 4 fruit types so you can admire them.
We had a boat load of storms and five minutes of hail. I have seen more hail before, but some of the chunkcs yesterday were the biggest I had seen--true golf ball sizes!
If you want to know how I DO IT, I have been thinking about that. I have this teapot here with the fancy ray gun spout, but otherwise it is a solid and stolid teapot I like to use for my own tea. I make all kinds of fancy teapots, but this one is uber practical and easy to use, and I am reflecting on what sort of teapot is super easy to use:
-broad and steady base
-wide opening-easy to clean
-lightweight and balanced to pour
-same thing with the robot mug---it is an excellent mug shape to grip, hold and drink from
This does not mean I will not make other shapes or fancy teapots, but it is nice to notice the most comfortable.
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- BAR exams and BARS
- "teh goths rock the black and red"
- dog breath and taxes
- and then....
- "all art is quite useless"
- new toy!
- the whole Stepford Wife vs Vampire thing....
- you lie and yo breath stinks
- making BAD decisions
- new glasses and Danielle kicks some azz....
- junk music smackdown: Nirvana vs Terry Jacks death...
- mug = your best friend :)
- I would do it for my mother-in-law, but NOT for yo...
- chunky Chuck
- another black and copper teaset, oh yes...
- black and copper
- Julie requests.....
- BON VIVANTS :)
- lunch with a S3X educator!
- famous again on the boob tube....
- groovy dancing dog!
- Q and A with some of teh BAMF ladies in my life......
- s3x sells: semi-newd pottery
- four eyes
- women, men, hawt bodies!
- Kerry Berry comes OVAH....
- lucky 13!!!!
- le petite BLOCKBUSTER
- Win big! Have fun!!!!
- Salacious Wednesday Q and A with Gary
- fat cats....
- Kerry joins the BAMF Art Blog Bunch
- Incontinence day
- lick a chicken?
- le birthday!
- night at BELLE MELANGE wherein I am a BIG STAR
- show opening!
- Chuck Taylors and ME and YOU
- ▼ July (45)