WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Gallery 41 Owego, NY Sept. 7. Cooperstown Art Association "Earth, Wind, Fire" New York Invitational August 22-Sept 20.. Six Mile Creek Winery Harvest Fest September 13. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2013-2014
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
This being a small city, it makes sense you are always bumping into people you know.
You will remember my buddy Carol, one of my pottery students at Cornell and drinking buddies? Well, she is a diet coke or coffee kind of gal, but anyway, Carol is a blast, and she happens to be married to Ralph, the most charming man on earth. Ralph, of course, is an eye surgeon. But he does all the eye stuff, and you KNOW we were gonna go see him to have our eyes checked.
Me and the wife have our appointments Monday afternoon and load up and halfway there this little head wearing a beret pops up in my mirror. My rotten French sock monkey Georges Le Soq had stowed away. When we got to the doctor's, I stuffed him into my back pack so he wouldn't steal the car. Better to keep him under a close eye, right?
WRONG. Better he is home in his closet. I brought into the exam room and ZIIIP, out comes Georges. He is like
"mon ami, ME FIRST" and I am like "what, you think you need to see an eye doctor?" and he is like "mais oui! See, I have zee glasses" and I am like
"Georges, those are kids' sun glasses we found on the sidewalk, besides, you don't have eyes. You have buttons". I figured he would sulk, but instead he figured it was play time, and tried out all the toys which looked like expensive equipment to me. He didn't break anything, this time....
As for me, you would love Ralph the eye doctor too. I had not seen an eye doctor in years, and although I have had glasses for awhile, you hit your 40s and suddenly the world is BLURRY and Ralph is like
"BIfocals, Gary, but you can get progressive, NO LINES!" I will need to wear glasses most of the time now, driving, reading, farting around.....
And, you know, off to to the glasses place, where I chose, of course, wicked spiffy frames with sunglass clip ons, and that is why you are glad you had a good craft fair because they are not exactly cheap in the end....
- ► 2014 (256)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- BAR exams and BARS
- "teh goths rock the black and red"
- dog breath and taxes
- and then....
- "all art is quite useless"
- new toy!
- the whole Stepford Wife vs Vampire thing....
- you lie and yo breath stinks
- making BAD decisions
- new glasses and Danielle kicks some azz....
- junk music smackdown: Nirvana vs Terry Jacks death...
- mug = your best friend :)
- I would do it for my mother-in-law, but NOT for yo...
- chunky Chuck
- another black and copper teaset, oh yes...
- black and copper
- Julie requests.....
- BON VIVANTS :)
- lunch with a S3X educator!
- famous again on the boob tube....
- groovy dancing dog!
- Q and A with some of teh BAMF ladies in my life......
- s3x sells: semi-newd pottery
- four eyes
- women, men, hawt bodies!
- Kerry Berry comes OVAH....
- lucky 13!!!!
- le petite BLOCKBUSTER
- Win big! Have fun!!!!
- Salacious Wednesday Q and A with Gary
- fat cats....
- Kerry joins the BAMF Art Blog Bunch
- Incontinence day
- lick a chicken?
- le birthday!
- night at BELLE MELANGE wherein I am a BIG STAR
- show opening!
- Chuck Taylors and ME and YOU
- ▼ July (45)