Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, May 9, 2014
"when mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy"
(mother/child sugar bowls by Gary Rith)
A favorite expression around our house!
It is Mother's Day weekend and I am on the road....seeing neither mother nor mother of my cat and dog... will they be happy about that???? Do the exquisite gifts I give make up for the lack of my company? I am sure they will both miss me terribly ;)
I love, as you know, sculpting mother and child items. Who knows why, as a child-free adult (who, as my parents always remind me, is also the same age they were when they became grandparents, despite acting like a perpetual 15 YO) .
Hope you have an awesome weekend :)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:03 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "when life gives you mangos... make mango tacos!"
- freestyle Friday...
- ever had....?
- mug musings, day 2...
- messing around with mugs, day one...
- doing really well...
- go DOG go!
- after a messy week: centering with a side of glute...
- like I said earlier this week, things look good by...
- a family story or 2 :)
- WHAT IF: laying it out...
- the tale of 2 pizzas day TWO: a mountain of mushr...
- a tale of 2 pizzas...day one!
- speaking of YELLOW
- "it was all yellow..."
- when the INTERNET rules your life... and improves ...
- Teapot Tuesday number 5: "what's that thing up th...
- fair over = TALL FRUITY PINK DRINKS
- "when mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy"
- open sesame!
- when pigs fly.....regarding childhood....
- Teapot Tuesday #4 and teff flour gluten-free cooki...
- STOP THE MADNESS: Mugs and me more about them tha...
- how to scare the hell out of your guests....
- May = getting better all the time
- have you seen the little piggies....
- April showers bring....
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
now ain't that the truth man! i'm sure if you asked my daughters they'd nod their heads in agreement!
but i think you'll be given some loving understanding - after all, the show must go on :)
hope it is a great success!
a tee shirt contains another line beyond the "if mama ain't happy...'--If gramma ain't happy, Run!
May you have many delights as well as good sales this weekend. Hope your weather is also good if you're outside, as we will be. We just would like 4 hours without rain! Then it is more than welcome.
And such sweet mother and child pieces they are. I hope you all enjoy your weekend, even while you're apart from each other.
A puppy papa and feline father is good enough for me.
Post a Comment