Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, May 30, 2014
Let me say first, you would NEVER see me walk onto a glass panel 103 stories above earth...or even on the second story.... I mean, I DREAM about being scared of climbing heights! ***
Of course, you will remember that, like Charlie Brown, I am afraid of everything.... ;)
Lucy Van Pelt: Do you think you have pantophobia?
Charlie Brown: What's pantophobia?
Lucy Van Pelt: The fear of everything.
Charlie Brown: THAT'S IT!
ANYWAYS, so yesterday, as you can see, I was out and about on a dog walk job with Nook..and brought Penny.
You will not be surprised to hear that I get emails and phone calls "how is PENNY?" and bump into people on the street who rub her belly and notice she is doing quite well, thank you, a week after major surgery...biopsy results soon, I think....
SO, my weekend, you ask? I am involved in a new store opening next week AND I am featured artist at another and a person with pantophobia is like "OH GOD I think I wanna hide under the covers with my cute beagle and hiiiiiiiiiide!!!!!!!".
But no. The proper response is to make a boatload of mugs and vases and sculptures HOT DAMN things in the studio are busy :)
***speaking of dreams and night, GOOD GOLLY I cannot stand the new single by Saint Vincent, BIRTH IN REVERSE, but the fukking thing IS catchy and you find it bouncing around in your brain at midnight when you get up to pee...ARGH!
So, how about you, any interesting things going on for ya this weekend and week upcoming?
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:10 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "when life gives you mangos... make mango tacos!"
- freestyle Friday...
- ever had....?
- mug musings, day 2...
- messing around with mugs, day one...
- doing really well...
- go DOG go!
- after a messy week: centering with a side of glute...
- like I said earlier this week, things look good by...
- a family story or 2 :)
- WHAT IF: laying it out...
- the tale of 2 pizzas day TWO: a mountain of mushr...
- a tale of 2 pizzas...day one!
- speaking of YELLOW
- "it was all yellow..."
- when the INTERNET rules your life... and improves ...
- Teapot Tuesday number 5: "what's that thing up th...
- fair over = TALL FRUITY PINK DRINKS
- "when mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy"
- open sesame!
- when pigs fly.....regarding childhood....
- Teapot Tuesday #4 and teff flour gluten-free cooki...
- STOP THE MADNESS: Mugs and me more about them tha...
- how to scare the hell out of your guests....
- May = getting better all the time
- have you seen the little piggies....
- April showers bring....
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
You are a busy guy!
That is one beautiful house and bush that you are standing in front of. You have such pleasant places to walk your dogs.
You must be strong...look at those muscles holding the leashes, and just imagine making those mugs and pitchers and whatever in clay! Yay!
Congratulations on being the featured artists. Very cool.
Thanks for the update on Penny, I hope she continues to improve quickly.
My son (the one you met!) is graduating high school this weekend!
Looks like you have your hands full with Penny and Nook. Toes crossed for Penny.
that's the house we lived in when we were in Ithaca! Right next to the creek, right?
Post a Comment