WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, May 31, 2014
"when life gives you mangos... make mango tacos!"
Or mango burritos, curried mango burritos!
OK, I like to experiment with making tortillas, and I am probably gonna nail down a recipe I like later TODAY. I make gluten-free rice flour tortillas and corn tortillas. Corn tortillas are wicked easy, just get masa harina and follow the instructions on the bag :)
Flour tortillas are not difficult, but recipes seem either easy to make but the result is a little dry and cardboard-ish OR recipes are VERY complicated and tasty. I want easy and soft and yum! 2 nights ago I combined 3 recipes, and while easy, they were not soft enough, and last night's experiment was soft and yummy but a little tricky to make...so I tweek the recipe again and tonight I bet it is perfect: EASY AND DELISH.
ANYWAY, yesterday I am like "we have 2 mangos, and if I use a Vegan stoner recipe for mango curry combined with their bean dip, tortillas, fresh tomato and spinach I WILL BE GENIUS." ** And so I did, the result was sooooooo delishious, and the dog now knows she loves mango....
**curried mango burritos or tacos--it is really quite easy :)
prepare either tacos or tortillas, so, like make them or open a bag!
-mango curry inspired by Vegan stoner: chop a mango, saute in olive oil and add 1/4 cup or a little more coconut yogurt, spoonful of chili sauce and a lot of curry powder, warm on low for several minutes
-bean dip from Vegan stoner: drain and rinse a can of black beans, add some salsa and mayo and spice, blenderize
-top taco or tortilla with a layer of bean dip, spinach leaves, mango curry and tomatoes, HOLY CATS that is YUMMY!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "when life gives you mangos... make mango tacos!"
- freestyle Friday...
- ever had....?
- mug musings, day 2...
- messing around with mugs, day one...
- doing really well...
- go DOG go!
- after a messy week: centering with a side of glute...
- like I said earlier this week, things look good by...
- a family story or 2 :)
- WHAT IF: laying it out...
- the tale of 2 pizzas day TWO: a mountain of mushr...
- a tale of 2 pizzas...day one!
- speaking of YELLOW
- "it was all yellow..."
- when the INTERNET rules your life... and improves ...
- Teapot Tuesday number 5: "what's that thing up th...
- fair over = TALL FRUITY PINK DRINKS
- "when mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy"
- open sesame!
- when pigs fly.....regarding childhood....
- Teapot Tuesday #4 and teff flour gluten-free cooki...
- STOP THE MADNESS: Mugs and me more about them tha...
- how to scare the hell out of your guests....
- May = getting better all the time
- have you seen the little piggies....
- April showers bring....
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)