Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

when the INTERNET rules your life... and improves it :)



I was talking with JP last night "I made avocado pizza! I never knew there was such a thing or that I would love it so.  Until my neighbors posted pics of avocado pizza on facebook..."
and I go on to marvel at the wonder of seeing something new online and loving it passionately that same day...

OK, so I see those pics and yesterday look up avocado pizza with pesto, because my basil plant is looking a bit bushy and who doesn't love pesto pizza? I come across this SUPERB recipe with artichokes, spinach and pesto topped with avocado...a lovely all green pizza! (click here for recipe)

(You add the avocado after the pizza bakes, and since the wife and I were saving half we only topped half in the pic below).


In other news ANOTHER neighbor gives me ANOTHER new thing...dates!  I have never had dates before and WHY NOT?  They are wicked delicious...and I find they are good for baking too, as in, using some elderly bananas, dates and super-nutritious teff flour to make banana bread! (click here for recipe)



Yogi came over Tuesday.  It was hot, he still has his winter coat on.  He and Penny kinda hung out in the shade, doing nothing... have an awesome day!

3 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Aren't dates the greatest secret to come out of the Middle East? Yum. Gotta try avocado on pizza too.

Lori Buff said...

I love avocados but never thought to put them on a pizza. Brilliant.

smalltownme said...

Avocado on pizza is awesome and now I wonder why I haven't had it in ages.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.