WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Teapot Tuesday #4 and teff flour gluten-free cookies?!!!
You're like "WTF is TEFF FLOUR? AND GOOD GOLLY, lookit Gary's stache'!"
More on that shortly.
You know I started Teapot Tuesday last month. It is rolling! I should try to get links to other artists participating and somehow link us all or something... gotta work on that.
SO, my entry is this rather amusing teapot featuring SURPRISE! Me. Me in the 90s.
Or Tom Selleck as Magnum PI in the 70s!
My wife is very polite. I wore that thing for ten years. One day she comes home from work and gets the first stache'-free kiss in a decade and merely smiles with glee :)
The teapot and cup can be YOURS forever, click here to go to my online etsy gallery and buy it!
So, in other news, I got a box of teff flour in the mail. Why order it? Ithaca is OUT! Out of certified gluten-free teff flour. It is an interesting item. You will recall my introduction to it last month (click to see it!), I made a new recipe for gluten-free chocolate bread, made with teff flour and tahini, etc.
The back of the bag had this quick and easy recipe for PEANUT BUTTER cookies (click)... which I had to make right away, and they are DELISH. I added chocolate, of course!
Teff flour is an interesting whole grain flour from Ethiopia, one of the healthiest on earth, really! (click) It is loaded with protein and iron and even calcium. It has a nice flavor, but as with most gluten-free flours it is a bit more grainy than you are used to. That is why white flour is so popular in the modern world: light and fluffy BUT nutritionally worthless, about as good for you as a bottle of sugar. Teff is tasty and sooooo good for you, why wouldn't you love cookies with it? The bonus with this one is that it is sweetened with maple syrup...luckily our buddies Kate and Jim gave us some last month :)
Have an awesome Tuesday!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "when life gives you mangos... make mango tacos!"
- freestyle Friday...
- ever had....?
- mug musings, day 2...
- messing around with mugs, day one...
- doing really well...
- go DOG go!
- after a messy week: centering with a side of glute...
- like I said earlier this week, things look good by...
- a family story or 2 :)
- WHAT IF: laying it out...
- the tale of 2 pizzas day TWO: a mountain of mushr...
- a tale of 2 pizzas...day one!
- speaking of YELLOW
- "it was all yellow..."
- when the INTERNET rules your life... and improves ...
- Teapot Tuesday number 5: "what's that thing up th...
- fair over = TALL FRUITY PINK DRINKS
- "when mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy"
- open sesame!
- when pigs fly.....regarding childhood....
- Teapot Tuesday #4 and teff flour gluten-free cooki...
- STOP THE MADNESS: Mugs and me more about them tha...
- how to scare the hell out of your guests....
- May = getting better all the time
- have you seen the little piggies....
- April showers bring....
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)