Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Teapot Tuesday number 5: "what's that thing up there?"
(teapots by Gary Rith)
I love these 2 teapots, glazed in my shimmery dark green glaze. I have told you I keep a box of cane and bamboo handles, ready to use depending on what comes out of the kiln. I select a few of the right size, and hold them up and eye what fits and looks best for that teapot: the wrapped oval here is the creme de la creme!
A customer was eyeing the small one Sunday and asked "what's that thing up there?" and I was puzzled and they asked "that thing on top of the lid?" and I pointed "this?" a nod in reply "oh, that is just a little loop for a knob" and the customer, who may not have much imagination, sniffed and said "that's different".
My wife often tells me "art education for little kids in this country sucks".
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:27 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "when life gives you mangos... make mango tacos!"
- freestyle Friday...
- ever had....?
- mug musings, day 2...
- messing around with mugs, day one...
- doing really well...
- go DOG go!
- after a messy week: centering with a side of glute...
- like I said earlier this week, things look good by...
- a family story or 2 :)
- WHAT IF: laying it out...
- the tale of 2 pizzas day TWO: a mountain of mushr...
- a tale of 2 pizzas...day one!
- speaking of YELLOW
- "it was all yellow..."
- when the INTERNET rules your life... and improves ...
- Teapot Tuesday number 5: "what's that thing up th...
- fair over = TALL FRUITY PINK DRINKS
- "when mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy"
- open sesame!
- when pigs fly.....regarding childhood....
- Teapot Tuesday #4 and teff flour gluten-free cooki...
- STOP THE MADNESS: Mugs and me more about them tha...
- how to scare the hell out of your guests....
- May = getting better all the time
- have you seen the little piggies....
- April showers bring....
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Yes, it is different and different is good.
I love the handles, you're right about them.
Very nice knobs. And teapots too.
Not your kind of customer!
I guess it takes all kinds....obviously not a tea drinker!
Great teapots, Gary!
Post a Comment