Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, May 1, 2014
April showers bring....
The wife, as usual, asks this joke each spring: "If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?" and the answer, considering it is a joke best spoken from one 10 year old to another, is "Mayflowers bring Pilgrims!".
Ahem, anyway, we grew those tulips. April was a remarkably cold and wet and snowy month, the tail end of a !!!!! winter that began with blizzards in Thanksgiving... I only mention this because last week I showed you a rare sunny day here, where I was drying bowls outside....fired and done and looking good, eh? YES, it started to rain just after I took this photo...
Have an awesome Thursday :)
(bowls by Gary Rith)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:08 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "when life gives you mangos... make mango tacos!"
- freestyle Friday...
- ever had....?
- mug musings, day 2...
- messing around with mugs, day one...
- doing really well...
- go DOG go!
- after a messy week: centering with a side of glute...
- like I said earlier this week, things look good by...
- a family story or 2 :)
- WHAT IF: laying it out...
- the tale of 2 pizzas day TWO: a mountain of mushr...
- a tale of 2 pizzas...day one!
- speaking of YELLOW
- "it was all yellow..."
- when the INTERNET rules your life... and improves ...
- Teapot Tuesday number 5: "what's that thing up th...
- fair over = TALL FRUITY PINK DRINKS
- "when mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy"
- open sesame!
- when pigs fly.....regarding childhood....
- Teapot Tuesday #4 and teff flour gluten-free cooki...
- STOP THE MADNESS: Mugs and me more about them tha...
- how to scare the hell out of your guests....
- May = getting better all the time
- have you seen the little piggies....
- April showers bring....
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
i LOVE these bowls....one of my favorite things to throw....nicely lined up here! sunny and bright here for a change :)
Oh you lied, your black thumb actually grew those tulips! And of course it actually threw the vase too! Well, you're forgiven because you created beauty, twice.
I hope you have warm, sunny days soon.
A sunny day, just to get our hopes up and then....
The joke is funny to me….so I'm also 10. yippee.
Tulips??? Gorgeous and you grew them!!!
Post a Comment