But first, a wee HAIKU:
A tasty human being
I have to admit a thing or 2: I am not really into dragons and sh!t. Dragons have their place, but I really prefer cheesy, campy, destructive and awesome Godzilla and crappy B movie science fiction and toys from my childhood (see Beastie Boys video below, that is what I mean--they have the same inspiration). It is different, liking that stuff for a laugh and its aesthetic humor, compared to loving fantasy.
You know I have made a lot of monsters lately, but last Sunday night I was falling asleep, and you know this is why there is paper at the bedside: I start laughing, wake up, and tell the wife
"what if Godzilla was holding a bowl full of people to snack upon, like doritos????" and I doodled it out, as you see below. The appeal, to me as a potter and sculptor, is making a tiny little bowl on the wheel, as I would any other bowl, and incorporating it...hilarious indeed!
Last night I was like
"monsters having a teaparty???"
(pottery and sketch by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- when pottery meets BLACK COMEDY
- getting ready for St. Pat's.....
- new work :)
- when dog lovers come over.....
- bureauOcratic nightmares
- yin and yang dog and kitteh....
- so, I was talkin' with PETE just the other day and...
- one fact and one dream, chapter 3: we need YOU to...
- beauty and the beast....being both rude...and swee...
- the most s3xy hawt thing you have ever seen in you...
- "at least he eats them head first"
- through the fog....
- teddy bears and hearts: awwwwwwwwwww.....
- hey! is that inspired by.....
- potters work in their pajamas....
- POP! It gets all shiny and bright: the before, du...
- Red Jewels!!!!
- G0dzilla .....
- NEED YOUR INPUT: one fact and one dream: chapter 3...
- Fu Manchu Cat strikes again: the haiku!
- dragon mug, go for it!
- One fact and a dream, chapter 2: we need your input!
- Teddy bears and Godzilla: the cure for the jingly...
- jingly jangly...
- some of them love snow.....
- Friday the 13th is "beginning to look a lot like C...
- Christi has something to say....
- one fact and one dream: chapter ONE, and we need YOU
- Winnie and Rumpole go international
- people and their kinky requests.....
- reader's poll: thousands of years ago cats were w...
- dogs in the wilds....
- lions and tigers and BEARS...and hippos and anothe...
- NEW reader's poll:
- go with the MASHED POTATO BURRITO
- reader's poll!!!!
- dragon mug! for YOU
- the first time...
- "....white wedding...." and boring the heck out of...
- SANTA strikes again!!!!
- the amazing shopping trip, part one: us at the gr...
- new (filthy) resolutions!
- "twenty twelve: twenty eleven kicked ass and you h...
- ▼ January (44)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I don't know: in light of the coming Superbowl festivities, I'm thinking more of popcorn.
Pass the salt.
Loving those Garyzillas....I like the whole shebang...from St. George's dragon to Godzilla to Komodo Dragons....not fussy here!
BTW the soda bread was delicious!
I like the gnome at the top!!!
Oh yes, a monster tea party would be fun.
I think I could get into monsters if they were having a tea party. This is hilarious!!! Love it.
Garyzillas! Chuckle. And that flippin' gnome at the top! These are so cool!
Love them seriously, but you keep forgetting the Ketchup...lol lol :)
They taste like chicken?
Crunch! Crunch! Crunch!
I'm not into dragons either...but yours are cute. Well, they are cute while eating humans!!!
Post a Comment