(bears PJs last night, and now!)
The wife and are walking down to Viva for the burrito, as we so often do (you can sit on the stool by the window and watch the world go by...we counted 3 cars with windows open and dogs hanging out the window...in JANUARY) and the wife is accosted by this black cat who is super friendly. I am like
"Oooh, lemme get a pic of you with Fu Manchu cat" and the wife is like
"I wonder what Fu Manchu is..." and I am like "Hollywood villian..I think from Flash Gordon or something" and we had a hard time telling Fu Manchu cat to stay there at his house.
Then we were at Viva, and I got the wife to pretend the hippo was chewing on HER.
Anyway, golly! These reader polls--you people are soooo fascinating. So many comments! Keep it coming! Yesterday I hear SATISFACTION by the Stones and I wonder to myself "is that the best rock song ever, my favorite???" its like popcorn and a movie--crisp and perfect and always good, but.... is ALL OF THE DAY by the Kinks better? I ask the wife
"what is your favorite song?" and she is quick
"Its by the Stones, I know that much...so much to choose from...like, maybe, IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL or no, WILD HORSES or maybe SISTER MORPHINE..."
and I am scribbling and she is like
"DON'T WRITE THIS DOWN!!!!"
I slept on it. REBEL REBEL by Bowie is an old favorite.....
OK, but how about you, what is your absolute favorite song? Can you pin it down any better than us? Please go to comments and tell us!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, January 8, 2012
lions and tigers and BEARS...and hippos and another readerpoll :)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:49 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- when pottery meets BLACK COMEDY
- getting ready for St. Pat's.....
- new work :)
- when dog lovers come over.....
- bureauOcratic nightmares
- yin and yang dog and kitteh....
- so, I was talkin' with PETE just the other day and...
- one fact and one dream, chapter 3: we need YOU to...
- beauty and the beast....being both rude...and swee...
- the most s3xy hawt thing you have ever seen in you...
- "at least he eats them head first"
- through the fog....
- teddy bears and hearts: awwwwwwwwwww.....
- hey! is that inspired by.....
- potters work in their pajamas....
- POP! It gets all shiny and bright: the before, du...
- Red Jewels!!!!
- G0dzilla .....
- NEED YOUR INPUT: one fact and one dream: chapter 3...
- Fu Manchu Cat strikes again: the haiku!
- dragon mug, go for it!
- One fact and a dream, chapter 2: we need your input!
- Teddy bears and Godzilla: the cure for the jingly...
- jingly jangly...
- some of them love snow.....
- Friday the 13th is "beginning to look a lot like C...
- Christi has something to say....
- one fact and one dream: chapter ONE, and we need YOU
- Winnie and Rumpole go international
- people and their kinky requests.....
- reader's poll: thousands of years ago cats were w...
- dogs in the wilds....
- lions and tigers and BEARS...and hippos and anothe...
- NEW reader's poll:
- go with the MASHED POTATO BURRITO
- reader's poll!!!!
- dragon mug! for YOU
- the first time...
- "....white wedding...." and boring the heck out of...
- SANTA strikes again!!!!
- the amazing shopping trip, part one: us at the gr...
- new (filthy) resolutions!
- "twenty twelve: twenty eleven kicked ass and you h...
- ▼ January (44)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Hmm, I'm going to have to think about this one. There are so many.
Far too many to list.. how about a top ten? Nah, even then. ;)
OHHHH!! Nostalgia Trip! I just listened to Country Joe and the Fish...Vietnam Rag. But there are too many to count and I don't even listened to a lot of pop music these days.
this is hard because there are sooo many for different reasons...
Video Games by Lana Del Ray (love her voice)
Sidney by Brett Dennen
favorite sad song:
Long Ride Home by Patty Griffin
favorite good memory song:
Kind of Blue, Miles Davis - the WHOLE album. Jz always played it when it was his turn to cook dinner.
Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen... every time i hear it, it brings me right back to being 15 years old and a rebellious wild child.
Too many favs to name, but a few come to mind quickly.
Sympathy for the Devil
You Can't Always Get What you Want
Jump (used to listen to that when I ran...it'll get your feet moving)
Great picture of Maude, but the hippo can't hold a candle to your fair lady.
Genesis, The Carpet Crawlers
Elton John, Tiny Dancer
Elton John, Levon
Madness, Our House
I couldn't decide so I went and checked my iTunes Top 25 Most Played list (it apparently keeps count?). It is about 95% country :P I can't pick a top song but clearly I have a favorite genre!
I can't pin down a favorite. It all sort of depends on what mood I'm in. My favorite one month I can be totally sick of the next month, then right back into it again after giving myself a little break.
Right now: Cursive, What Have I Done?
Oh gee ... it's constantly changing and recycling... I think Crash by Dave Matthews Band is the sexiest song I've ever heard... I'd definitely have to opt for Red Dirt Girl by Emmylou Harris ...Holocene by Bon Iver has me currently enthralled ... so many songs, so little time.
Oh and Snow Don't Fall by Townes Van Zandt !!!
My favourite is "Changes", David Bowie who turned 65 yesterday.
I can never do this. Never. Sorry!
Post a Comment