Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, November 2, 2013

you wonder "sweet potato enchiladas or pad Thai???"

OK, if you had guests coming this evening, late, and enough to FILL YOUR HOUSE?  And you knew you were making guacamole and Mexican rice (Gary's Mexican rice:  boil rice as usual, except as you start it, toss in tomato, peppers, beans, spinach, onion and spice, SO tasty).  And I keep thinking, what to go with that?  My first thought was sweet potato enchiladas (and raspberries! see yesterday's post...) but then I have these lovely snow peas and everybody LOVES pad Thai...

But what decides it?  Other than the already Mexican theme here? Prepping before.  I can have the enchilada made and baked and keeping warm in the oven until folks arrive....and it is always best to have all dinner prep done long before anybody shows up, right? Especially something that benefits from just sitting there, keeping warm....  YUM.

OK, so we have some nice pots going here, just outta the kiln.....



(pottery by Gary Rith)

5 comments:

~ Sil in Corea said...

Enchiladas! Yes!

'Dorable cups and dishes!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the Enchiladas, keep the theme going with rasberry Margaritas and or Sangria.
Having said that though, you need to do what will be easiest for you because your guests want a relaxed and happy host as much as they look forward to good food.
Have fun!

ALBUG

smalltownme said...

It all sounds YUMMY!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Enchiladas AND pad thai? Or am I being piggy? Those enchiladas sound fantastic. I'll definitely give them a try.

You are on a roll with these mugs and cups! So cool!

Anonymous said...

HEck, just your post title makes me want to take a road trip to visit you.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.