Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

why YES, it did snow last night but let's talk about WHEN PIGS FLY



2 angles.  I never grew up hearing "when pigs fly".  I was probably 30 or 40 before I heard it said.  And you remember the story about these:  I just wanted to make an airplane last month, and was thinking about putting a dog on the first one (plane at left in pic) but thought a pig would be cute, and my buddy Armin said "when pigs fly!" and it is SO obvious now, duh!  Plus it is so MUCH MORE cool than the usual wings, right?
Yesterday I was making a rocket with a cow flying over the moon and remembered PIGS IN SPACE in the muppets and today I am gonna make THAT..
what a goofy-ass life I have :)  FUN! Have a great Tuesday....


You probably need new pots, right?  Or for your niece or nephew or favorite cousin????? AWESOME New stuff at my etsy gallery!
  pair of black mugs sold togetherspring green mugbeagle sugar bowl and creamer

7 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

My dad was a when pigs fly guy. I heard it a lot.
Snow!
I miss the Muppets, I loved that show.

bartster said...

You have more snow there than we do up here so far! Zoe is wearing her fleecy sweater like Penny is wearing. Little fashion plates:)

smartcat said...

When pigs fly was a part of our family. My mother knew where it came from, but I was so small I've forgotten her explanation.....which she may have invented.
Winter is Coming....tonight. Survival!

Barbara Rogers said...

OK, what the heck is inside that snow..a blanket/coat on something/someone...and maybe some brown fur, which makes me think Penny, but it's hard to figure out...oh, maybe it's a flying pig!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

When pigs fly was big in our family too. I think it was one way our mother hoped we would cut down on swearing. Ha. Those piggy planes are really special. I love them!

SNOW!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh how I miss the muppets; they rocked.
Snow? SNOW?? OMG. I'm guessing you had to put on shoes AND socks today.....yikes.

Caroline said...

I thought it was Penny with her head in the snow but then I realised it looks like sticking up type dog ears rather than hanging down ears. Hmmm.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.