Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, November 4, 2013

when pigs fly: how an ordinary teapot is suddenly 100 bucks....

Well, not sure about the price quite yet, but I was using my favorite old teapot the other day, which has a nice rounded body, holds about 4 cups, works very easily, classic shape.  SO, I go into the studio to remake it so that I can sell one to YOU...but then I get into the decoration on the knob, and, well, go NUTS!  I spend all morning fiddling with it and, well you can see, CUTE huh?  Have a great Monday!


(teapot by Gary Rith)

5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Just a hundred? I'd say another bit at least! Very precious and beautiful.

smartcat said...

Since I think you consistently undercharge I would say that $100.00 is the low end.

smalltownme said...

What price do you put on art?

JB said...

Seriously cute lid on a fantastic shaped teapot. 100 bucks for sure. Just need a pig farmer who likes tea!

Lori Buff said...

You put lots of work into that tea pot, don't under-selll it.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.