Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

the best damn gluten-free muffins you have EVER had in your life

I know, you're dying to talk muffins but let me talk about dream land here:
I was just dreaming, MINUTES before I was eating these muffins, that I was back in high school, a place I did not care for.
I was enrolled to start my senior year 2 weeks after the start of the year.  I had Penny with me and was lost all day AND she was sick.  The school had a vet onsite, and he pulled a tick off her and wrote all this stuff down and never said anything to me...which was NOT helpful.  Then I needed to pee and couldn't find a bathroom....having wandered around lost all day in a school with my sick dog I finally make it to trig halfway through class...and Penny goes up on top of a bookcase to rest.  But whereas I had a big stack of books, I had lost my new trig text and couldn't find it anywhere and I was late and 2 weeks into the school year UGH.
I was asked a question and I stood up and said "I am 47 years old, my dog is sick, and coming back to school is REALLY hard.  I hope it gets easier." and some kid in back says "No, it gets harder!" and I turn and flip him my middle finger and say " f**k you, kid"
and woke up in a cold sweat with a healthy dog and no plans to go anywhere near a school :)

OK, let's talk gluten-free AWESOME muffins!

 

I saw the simple recipe listed below and have made many many chenges to it, still simple, but my version is very moist and tasty.
Molasses is a wonderful sweetener, rich and full of iron and good nutrients, unlike sugar, and makes it a softer muffin.  I also like to add a little cinnamon sugar to the tops of my hot muffins---just a trace makes them so good!

Ingredients:

  • 1 Egg 
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 2 Tb molasses
  • 2 Tb Canola Oil 
  • 1/4 cup apple sauce
  • 1 cup brown Rice Flour 
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder 
  • 1/2 tsp Salt 
  • (1/3 cup nuts, 1/3 cup raisins or craisins plus cinnamon and nutmeg shakes)
  • (1/2 cup blueberries or diced apple)
  • spoonful of cinnamon sugar
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a 6 cup muffin tin or I use muffin papers, set aside.

In a bowl beat the egg then add all ingredients; mix well. Then add mix-ins. Pour into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 17 - 20 minutes. Sprinkle hot muffins with cinnamon sugar. Allow muffins to cool for 5-8 minutes before removing from tin. Makes 6 large muffins.


You might need elephant mugs for you and yours, right?  Or something else at my etsy gallery! click here!!!!
elephant mugelephant mug with feet

2 comments:

smartcat said...

I dreamed that I was supposed to buy beer for Proge when I went to the market, which I remembered but when I got home Aloysius started complaining that I had forgotten to get him his beer.
That is just what the world need....a talking, beer drinking cat.
The muffins look and sound delicious!

smalltownme said...

I'm really glad I don't dream about being in school any more.

Those are the prettiest muffins.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.