WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, November 23, 2013
POTATO pizza and PIGS IN SPACE
(sculpture by Gary Rith)
I thought, taking the idea of pigs flying, of taking it to the SPACE AGE, and remembered, also, of course, the Muppets famous clips of Pigs in Space...which was pretty silly 30+ years ago :)
OK, so I roll out of bed Friday and tell the wife "I wonder if you sliced a potato, could you make a pizza???" and she tells me "bake a potato, scoop it out and mix it with all the pizza stuff, then bake it some more!" and I tell her "good idea, I have had rebaked potatoes, I will DO BOTH and we will see what we like better!"
Anything can become pizza. Pita, tortilla, we made eggplant not long ago and the store sent a good recipe to turn zucchini slices into pizzas.
OK, so I had these huge baking potatoes. I sliced one into 6 long, flat, 1/2 inch slices, dabbed a tiny bit of oil on there, baked them for half an hour at 400, took them out and topped with killer tomato sauce, veggies, and (nondairy for us) cheese, baked again for 20 or so minutes. And did the rebaked potato too, and we served both with some avocado slices.
The winner? FOR SURE it was my original idea, potato pizza! Forget rebaked, yummmmmmm! Have a great Saturday!
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- day TWO open studio
- MY black Friday...
- small blessings..
- some curiosities and cuties
- winsome and winning and SUDDENLY wide awake!
- the cow jumped over the moon...or maybe flew over ...
- gluten-free pumpkin bread, part TWO!
- POTATO pizza and PIGS IN SPACE
- from the cute files: when pigs fly again....
- in which I get a NEW video camera and immediately ...
- RED stuff
- green STUFF
- the best damn gluten-free muffins you have EVER ha...
- close to home...
- interpreting what I am up to....
- when CATS WEAR HATS
- WEIRD FOOD: latkes and pizza re-imagined????
- a couple inches more...
- why YES, it did snow last night but let's talk abo...
- imagine GODZILLA next to a water tower....
- slothful SUNDAY...in the studio
- making calzones with cats!
- gluten-free pumpkin bread to DIE FOR
- things you want to KEEP
- when cats and dogs "HELP" and lazy apple pie
- hanging out with the QUEEN and what is hanging ove...
- when pigs fly: how an ordinary teapot is suddenly...
- a great COVER UP
- you wonder "sweet potato enchiladas or pad Thai???...
- when you have guests, it is best to RELAX
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)