Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, November 21, 2013

RED stuff



Why YES, yes, I did make a fire truck pot... sure, I sculpt a bit, but I am usually connected to pottery...the wheels, cab, front, etc were all made on the pottery wheel and assembled...I knew I had a good red glaze for it.
I have told you that when I saw PINNOCHIO when I was 5 I wanted to make toys, like his maker Gepetto!  And gosh, sometimes I do make toys (although this fire truck, retaining its potness, um, could hold something useful).  The fire truck is special though:  I had a great bulldozer when I was little but always wanted a firetruck...

Speaking of red stuff, check out this ketchup fried rice!  You didn't know it is a Korean-American comfort food did you?  (click here) I will admit, I use the red stuff I like, such as chili sauce, hot sauce and Chinese garlic-chili sauce rather than ketchup...oh GOSH, yum!
Have a great Thursday!


7 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Love it! What a great toy with a place to hide stuff.

Barbara Rogers said...

That is the fire truck of which dreams are made! What a dreamer!

Michèle Hastings said...

I heard the interview on NPR about the ketchup fried rice chef.
and that fire truck is REALLY cool.

smalltownme said...

Such a cute truck!

Kimberly said...

Roy Choi is straight up bad.... but real good cook

Caroline said...

Love the firetruck but the dalmation steals the show. I actually saw a dalmation today when I went to the shops.

Trudy said...

My family loves ketchup on macaroni with a little bit of butter. When I met my Italian husband, his family thought that was what I thought spaghetti was....I was like...duh....this is just what we eat for lunch. So good.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.