WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
when cats and dogs "HELP" and lazy apple pie
The wife is down at the salon 2 weeks ago getting the magic cut from Jackie and cracking up every minute because Jackie is FUNNY. I should know, I go to Jackie too...tomorrow!
SO, somebody comes into the salon with 3 huge boxes "my apple tree is going nuts this year! Have some apples!" and the wife is like "I can take home one or 2 apples for my husband" being polite and modest and Jackie is like "NO, really, TAKE ONE OR TWO BOXES". So the wife brings home a box full of, get this, 126 apples.
Alright, but you know me, I am making apple things every day, right? And I have used all but the last 11, which I plan to cook up Thursday. Lots of apple sauce and apple crisp for breakfast everyday, apple crisp for guests, and NOW? The wife tells me she wants to make a pie. But, well, everybody is busy and I say "hey, lookit this recipe (click here!), it is apple crisp with topping over and UNDER the apples" and the wife admits "as long as there is something under the apples, it is like pie!"
and I respond "sort of like lazy apple pie, right? Takes ten minutes not ALL DAY" and it IS brilliant and delicious. Today I am going through my recipes (really!) and getting rid of my other apple crisp recipes. The brilliance of this recipe is that the apples make juice, right? When they bake? The lower layer soaks that up while the top gets crisp MMMMMMMMM :)
(disclaimer: it is NOT like apple pie, but it is delicious!)
In other news, I was making cat and dog cups in the studio and I must NOT have latched the door correctly because those who are not allowed in the studio...came in and made themselves comfortable....
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- day TWO open studio
- MY black Friday...
- small blessings..
- some curiosities and cuties
- winsome and winning and SUDDENLY wide awake!
- the cow jumped over the moon...or maybe flew over ...
- gluten-free pumpkin bread, part TWO!
- POTATO pizza and PIGS IN SPACE
- from the cute files: when pigs fly again....
- in which I get a NEW video camera and immediately ...
- RED stuff
- green STUFF
- the best damn gluten-free muffins you have EVER ha...
- close to home...
- interpreting what I am up to....
- when CATS WEAR HATS
- WEIRD FOOD: latkes and pizza re-imagined????
- a couple inches more...
- why YES, it did snow last night but let's talk abo...
- imagine GODZILLA next to a water tower....
- slothful SUNDAY...in the studio
- making calzones with cats!
- gluten-free pumpkin bread to DIE FOR
- things you want to KEEP
- when cats and dogs "HELP" and lazy apple pie
- hanging out with the QUEEN and what is hanging ove...
- when pigs fly: how an ordinary teapot is suddenly...
- a great COVER UP
- you wonder "sweet potato enchiladas or pad Thai???...
- when you have guests, it is best to RELAX
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)