WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, November 28, 2013
As a full-time retailer for 16-17 years, Thanksgiving weekend has always meant BUSINESS (click here for my online etsy gallery!) I have open studio tomorrow, Friday-Saturday, and then gallery sit Sunday at the coop in Owego.... I also have, as you know, the pet sitting business with 2 cat jobs this weekend...today I empty the kiln, and get the studio ready, visit Puffy the cat, finish making some orders, then Friday it gets REALLY busy...for a month, or until the 24th.
SO, as I have said, Thanksgiving is something I looooove. People make the mistake of thinking when I tell them it is a working weekend for me "poor Gary!" said my mother-in-law...and I had to tell her, aside from the fact that I love to work and DO NOT work at Small Mart "are you kidding? It is HEAVEN getting paid to do this".
I suggested to the wife that she visit her sisters and Girl With a Pearl Earring on display in NYC. So, in minutes, I clear all the gawdamn snow off the car and we go to the bus station...
We had Thanksgiving eve celebration yesterday, HOLY CATS so yummy, as you see in the pics:
--gluten-free sweet potato latkes, a new recipe for me, baked in muffin tins!
--curry chickpea fritters with bell pepper, spinach and carrot
--sliced avocado, spinach and tomato and
--another new recipe for me, cranberry chutney with hot peppers and a ton of ginger, yeOW!
--and finally, no dairy no gluten rice flour crust pumpkin PIE (look at the picture--has Spike cat fooled, right?) which tastes MORE delicious than the average pumpkin pie I swear
So, basically, I am the opposite of a traditionalist...you could say "he doesn't give a sh!t about family or tradition, all he does is try to make money!" and, well, if I don't make money we can't buy groceries, and I have NEVER paid any attention to tradition.
Small blessings: to do what I do for a job, DANG it is fun
-we make ends meet, do what we want, eat what we want
-we are warm inside and it is fiercely wintry out there
-we have great friends and neighbors
-my sweetie: it will be a tart and sweet ache in my heart all weekend, her off partying in NYC with her sisters.....
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- day TWO open studio
- MY black Friday...
- small blessings..
- some curiosities and cuties
- winsome and winning and SUDDENLY wide awake!
- the cow jumped over the moon...or maybe flew over ...
- gluten-free pumpkin bread, part TWO!
- POTATO pizza and PIGS IN SPACE
- from the cute files: when pigs fly again....
- in which I get a NEW video camera and immediately ...
- RED stuff
- green STUFF
- the best damn gluten-free muffins you have EVER ha...
- close to home...
- interpreting what I am up to....
- when CATS WEAR HATS
- WEIRD FOOD: latkes and pizza re-imagined????
- a couple inches more...
- why YES, it did snow last night but let's talk abo...
- imagine GODZILLA next to a water tower....
- slothful SUNDAY...in the studio
- making calzones with cats!
- gluten-free pumpkin bread to DIE FOR
- things you want to KEEP
- when cats and dogs "HELP" and lazy apple pie
- hanging out with the QUEEN and what is hanging ove...
- when pigs fly: how an ordinary teapot is suddenly...
- a great COVER UP
- you wonder "sweet potato enchiladas or pad Thai???...
- when you have guests, it is best to RELAX
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)