Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

some curiosities and cuties


(bowls with dog by me --they are a good size ice cream bowl and the first time I have put a really big dog on there--I tell people I make dogs blue or turquoise, because other than white and black, I find glaze schemes for dogs tricky, so I go OVER THE top sometimes...why not turquoise?:)

OK, the other day I am at Pastimes antiques getting the wife the killer...let's see, mother's day gifts...why mother's day you ask?  Becuase the closet is FULLfullfull of the Christmas, birthday, Valentine's, Easter presents and soon I will be working on the presents for 2015....so anyway, I get her a present for TODAY.

I pick up this post card to buy her, she is from Kansas City and this is a view of the stockyards and part of downtown nearly 100 years ago.  You go into the cemetery, and their family goes back a lot further out in KC...and lately we have been reading her great-grandmother's diaries about her grandmother's childhood in like, 1906.

So, I got this post card at the antique store..and flip it over...it had been sent, as you see, to the house around the corner from our house!  The prettiest house here in Etna is the Lumbard House, as you can see...... it is actually kind of a boring message, but anyway...





The house is in the center of downtown Etna, next to, below, the post office and Baptist church..pretty huh?  This is our town :)  Have a great day!

6 comments:

smalltownme said...

Pretty house!

Anonymous said...

How totally cool! I'm a fan of old postcards, too. They are charming.

Michèle Hastings said...

you are lucky to live such an idyllic village

smartcat said...

It looks like you live in a snow globe village!
Great doggie handles!
Happy Thanksgiving!

smartcat said...

P.S. I never mentioned how much I like you footed bowls!

Kimberly said...

Jeez Gary... doesn't this inpire you to write a short story!!! Like "Somewhere in Etna 1910".

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.