WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
some curiosities and cuties
(bowls with dog by me --they are a good size ice cream bowl and the first time I have put a really big dog on there--I tell people I make dogs blue or turquoise, because other than white and black, I find glaze schemes for dogs tricky, so I go OVER THE top sometimes...why not turquoise?:)
OK, the other day I am at Pastimes antiques getting the wife the killer...let's see, mother's day gifts...why mother's day you ask? Becuase the closet is FULLfullfull of the Christmas, birthday, Valentine's, Easter presents and soon I will be working on the presents for 2015....so anyway, I get her a present for TODAY.
I pick up this post card to buy her, she is from Kansas City and this is a view of the stockyards and part of downtown nearly 100 years ago. You go into the cemetery, and their family goes back a lot further out in KC...and lately we have been reading her great-grandmother's diaries about her grandmother's childhood in like, 1906.
So, I got this post card at the antique store..and flip it over...it had been sent, as you see, to the house around the corner from our house! The prettiest house here in Etna is the Lumbard House, as you can see...... it is actually kind of a boring message, but anyway...
The house is in the center of downtown Etna, next to, below, the post office and Baptist church..pretty huh? This is our town :) Have a great day!
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- day TWO open studio
- MY black Friday...
- small blessings..
- some curiosities and cuties
- winsome and winning and SUDDENLY wide awake!
- the cow jumped over the moon...or maybe flew over ...
- gluten-free pumpkin bread, part TWO!
- POTATO pizza and PIGS IN SPACE
- from the cute files: when pigs fly again....
- in which I get a NEW video camera and immediately ...
- RED stuff
- green STUFF
- the best damn gluten-free muffins you have EVER ha...
- close to home...
- interpreting what I am up to....
- when CATS WEAR HATS
- WEIRD FOOD: latkes and pizza re-imagined????
- a couple inches more...
- why YES, it did snow last night but let's talk abo...
- imagine GODZILLA next to a water tower....
- slothful SUNDAY...in the studio
- making calzones with cats!
- gluten-free pumpkin bread to DIE FOR
- things you want to KEEP
- when cats and dogs "HELP" and lazy apple pie
- hanging out with the QUEEN and what is hanging ove...
- when pigs fly: how an ordinary teapot is suddenly...
- a great COVER UP
- you wonder "sweet potato enchiladas or pad Thai???...
- when you have guests, it is best to RELAX
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)