WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, November 1, 2013
when you have guests, it is best to RELAX
Blame the Cape Codders....
By relax, I mean, do what you have to do, right? I make my list, I cruise through it, and drop what can't be done.
I am so very solitary I do not often have to work with anybody else or their schedule or needs or requests. If I turn off my usual FAST LANE EXPRESS TRAIN personality, and decide to enjoy the time rather than make it my usual "GET OUT OF MY WAY, I have A LIST! I AM BUSY!". Because you may think I am a mellow dude, and I certainly may act like one, instead I am a SLAVE TO MY LIST...and since I write that list, I AM A TYRANT to my employees, who happen to be me.
So, point one in entertaining, relax Gary! You are doing fine, they are happy, they are eating all those tasty items and they probably don't notice the crappy job I do in cleaning the house. (keep the lighting LOW)
The other secret to hosting that I have found?
Always have raspberries. PEOPLE love them, everybody does, and at the table when they look at all the Indian, Mexican and Asian spicy vegan gluten-free food I prepare, even the pickiest eater could say "at least there are raspberries..."
Hey, let's catch up on gorgeous pots, right? Have a look here!
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- day TWO open studio
- MY black Friday...
- small blessings..
- some curiosities and cuties
- winsome and winning and SUDDENLY wide awake!
- the cow jumped over the moon...or maybe flew over ...
- gluten-free pumpkin bread, part TWO!
- POTATO pizza and PIGS IN SPACE
- from the cute files: when pigs fly again....
- in which I get a NEW video camera and immediately ...
- RED stuff
- green STUFF
- the best damn gluten-free muffins you have EVER ha...
- close to home...
- interpreting what I am up to....
- when CATS WEAR HATS
- WEIRD FOOD: latkes and pizza re-imagined????
- a couple inches more...
- why YES, it did snow last night but let's talk abo...
- imagine GODZILLA next to a water tower....
- slothful SUNDAY...in the studio
- making calzones with cats!
- gluten-free pumpkin bread to DIE FOR
- things you want to KEEP
- when cats and dogs "HELP" and lazy apple pie
- hanging out with the QUEEN and what is hanging ove...
- when pigs fly: how an ordinary teapot is suddenly...
- a great COVER UP
- you wonder "sweet potato enchiladas or pad Thai???...
- when you have guests, it is best to RELAX
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)