Friday, August 3, 2012
you would kill for my blueberry scones....
Basically, after a late evening Thursday, I sleep like the DEAD but now the beagle is like "its nearly five, lets get up!" and the bladder presses and the brain thinks "I can open the kiln, uncover drying pots, blog and do facebook sh!t....and eat THOSE SCONES I MADE THURSDAY!"
Its not fair, the wife slumbering on, and I am downstairs getting first crack at these luscious things....OH WELL. You snooze you loose....people have asked for the recipe, here goes....
Gary's non-dairy scones
-preheat to 400
-in large bowl, put in 8tbs margerine like earth balance, microwave to soften 27 seconds
-add large egg and stir
-add 1/2 cup soy yogurt...or just plain yogurt, stir
-dump in 2 cups flour--(the last 2 batches I have made have been a flour mix, which is TASTY: one cup white flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, and the remaining 1/2 cup combined oat bran, rolled oats, oat flour, ground flax seed, all that healthy sh!t)
-1/3 cup sugar, hold back a spoonful, mix the rest into the bowl
-add 1 1/4 teas baking powder
-add 1/2 -one full cup blueberries (or raisins or dried cranberries etc) and 1/2 cup nuts
Adjust the mix with more flour if it seems sticky. Turn the dough out onto the counter with more flour and knead a minute or 2 then push out into a flat disk about one inch thick. Cut into wedges, 7-14, depending on if you want them big or small. Place them onto a cookie sheet, bake 10 minutes until just starting to turn golden brown. NO LONGER! They can go quickly from lovely brown to burnt in there. otherwise, totally easy recipe!
Remove scones from the oven and sprinkle tops with that last spoonful of sugar, add cinnamon if you want! Cool them on wire cooling rack.....
- ► 2015 (272)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ginormous beer mug INDEED!
- the PO f#$ks up but I come through....
- can you find the CAT in this picture?
- beer pizza dough = :)
- you know its a great weekend when it is over in th...
- the very very busy day indeed....
- 29 years plus 29 minutes....
- the TIGERs and ME
- feast with the beasts (???) PART ONE
- such amazing revelations and scenes....
- Penny the therapy dog and her sidekick, ME
- immensely cute....
- Cooperstown = the prettiest town in America! (or a...
- beer beer and more beer :)
- all I want is a new toy.....
- the wife likes it like that
- ME, nekkid, in a room with 2 pretty women not my w...
- in which we wander through the filming of GLEE
- PINK ROBOTS and LEGS IN TRASH CANS is what NY city...
- Mystery trip part ONE!
- sci-fi teaset!
- it all comes down to this
- killer kurry
- late summer = first apples and first APPLE CRISP
- reasons to get up in the morning....
- day of the ZUCCHINI
- robot pots
- flippin' awesome week :)
- you would kill for my blueberry scones....
- of laundry and pots!
- SECRET triple chocolate cookies recipe!
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)