You will recall that last August and the August before I was invited to Binghamton's Ross Park Zoo, to display and exhibit animal themed items (of course!) during their Feast With the Beasts fundraiser. People spend, like, 30-35 bucks and can wander the zoo all evening eating donated restaurant food and wine (people drink A LOT of wine) and enjoying an awesome late summer evening, with music and art. I love it! Who wouldn't????
Last year, as you will recall, I had asked to be in their biggest draw, the TIGER HOUSE, with the tigers. I arrived.....and the tiger had JUST DIED that very afternoon. The event had thousands of visitors though, it turned into a wake for the dead tiger. (that is me down there, with that dead tiger's skull...not as big as you might imagine a tiger skull to be, but the fangs are quite large, each bigger than a thumb).
OK, so, guess what? they restored the tiger house, gorgeous, and this week...got 2 new tigers! from Montana! (since when does Montana have Siberian tigers?????) They are so shy they won't come out much, as you see, BUT I saw one of the keepers headed down in back...and I followed them and....they let me into the inside of the tiger house....where the tigers are! Imagine the zoo keeper's area, size of a closet, and right in front of you: TWO TIGERS! Its all down there in the pics. A TV crew was wandering around.....
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ginormous beer mug INDEED!
- the PO f#$ks up but I come through....
- can you find the CAT in this picture?
- beer pizza dough = :)
- you know its a great weekend when it is over in th...
- the very very busy day indeed....
- 29 years plus 29 minutes....
- the TIGERs and ME
- feast with the beasts (???) PART ONE
- such amazing revelations and scenes....
- Penny the therapy dog and her sidekick, ME
- immensely cute....
- Cooperstown = the prettiest town in America! (or a...
- beer beer and more beer :)
- all I want is a new toy.....
- the wife likes it like that
- ME, nekkid, in a room with 2 pretty women not my w...
- in which we wander through the filming of GLEE
- PINK ROBOTS and LEGS IN TRASH CANS is what NY city...
- Mystery trip part ONE!
- sci-fi teaset!
- it all comes down to this
- killer kurry
- late summer = first apples and first APPLE CRISP
- reasons to get up in the morning....
- day of the ZUCCHINI
- robot pots
- flippin' awesome week :)
- you would kill for my blueberry scones....
- of laundry and pots!
- SECRET triple chocolate cookies recipe!
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)