WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, August 24, 2012
the TIGERs and ME
Last year, as you will recall, I had asked to be in their biggest draw, the TIGER HOUSE, with the tigers. I arrived.....and the tiger had JUST DIED that very afternoon. The event had thousands of visitors though, it turned into a wake for the dead tiger. (that is me down there, with that dead tiger's skull...not as big as you might imagine a tiger skull to be, but the fangs are quite large, each bigger than a thumb).
OK, so, guess what? they restored the tiger house, gorgeous, and this week...got 2 new tigers! from Montana! (since when does Montana have Siberian tigers?????) They are so shy they won't come out much, as you see, BUT I saw one of the keepers headed down in back...and I followed them and....they let me into the inside of the tiger house....where the tigers are! Imagine the zoo keeper's area, size of a closet, and right in front of you: TWO TIGERS! Its all down there in the pics. A TV crew was wandering around.....
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ginormous beer mug INDEED!
- the PO f#$ks up but I come through....
- can you find the CAT in this picture?
- beer pizza dough = :)
- you know its a great weekend when it is over in th...
- the very very busy day indeed....
- 29 years plus 29 minutes....
- the TIGERs and ME
- feast with the beasts (???) PART ONE
- such amazing revelations and scenes....
- Penny the therapy dog and her sidekick, ME
- immensely cute....
- Cooperstown = the prettiest town in America! (or a...
- beer beer and more beer :)
- all I want is a new toy.....
- the wife likes it like that
- ME, nekkid, in a room with 2 pretty women not my w...
- in which we wander through the filming of GLEE
- PINK ROBOTS and LEGS IN TRASH CANS is what NY city...
- Mystery trip part ONE!
- sci-fi teaset!
- it all comes down to this
- killer kurry
- late summer = first apples and first APPLE CRISP
- reasons to get up in the morning....
- day of the ZUCCHINI
- robot pots
- flippin' awesome week :)
- you would kill for my blueberry scones....
- of laundry and pots!
- SECRET triple chocolate cookies recipe!
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)