WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, August 18, 2012
beer beer and more beer :)
I was poking through a beer newspaper and came across a beer baked beans recipe , tres simple, and it used just a little beer. I was like "I have to open a beer in the morning, dump some of it into the crock pot, what do I do with the rest???". I dunno, as a NOT alcoholic, the smell of beer or anything like that is a nauseating smell in the morning, you know? 5 pm is a different matter...
anyway, as a thrifty guy, I did not want the leftover beer to go to waste and thought "I have heard of beer bread" and the wife tells me of begging her old roomies' boyfriend for a spare can of Bud to make beer bread with...and HO BOY, did this work out beautifully.... I mean, baked beans is the YIN and the bread of the YANG of a nice meal, right? (along with cucumber salad and a cold beer at dinner--I cooked with the cheap stuff, saving the good stuff to drink....next time I wanna use the good stuff to cook with! MORE FLAVOR I bet....)
It is hard to believe how easy and tasty this bread is, I wanna try more recipes like it!
(note--I did not have the exact ingredients for the beans and I improvised a little which was FINE...but with the bread I did the opposite---I did exactly what it said because it was something I had never done before, except I used veg. margerine over the top rather than butter, a spectacular crust, believe me :)
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ginormous beer mug INDEED!
- the PO f#$ks up but I come through....
- can you find the CAT in this picture?
- beer pizza dough = :)
- you know its a great weekend when it is over in th...
- the very very busy day indeed....
- 29 years plus 29 minutes....
- the TIGERs and ME
- feast with the beasts (???) PART ONE
- such amazing revelations and scenes....
- Penny the therapy dog and her sidekick, ME
- immensely cute....
- Cooperstown = the prettiest town in America! (or a...
- beer beer and more beer :)
- all I want is a new toy.....
- the wife likes it like that
- ME, nekkid, in a room with 2 pretty women not my w...
- in which we wander through the filming of GLEE
- PINK ROBOTS and LEGS IN TRASH CANS is what NY city...
- Mystery trip part ONE!
- sci-fi teaset!
- it all comes down to this
- killer kurry
- late summer = first apples and first APPLE CRISP
- reasons to get up in the morning....
- day of the ZUCCHINI
- robot pots
- flippin' awesome week :)
- you would kill for my blueberry scones....
- of laundry and pots!
- SECRET triple chocolate cookies recipe!
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)