Saturday, August 18, 2012
beer beer and more beer :)
I was poking through a beer newspaper and came across a beer baked beans recipe , tres simple, and it used just a little beer. I was like "I have to open a beer in the morning, dump some of it into the crock pot, what do I do with the rest???". I dunno, as a NOT alcoholic, the smell of beer or anything like that is a nauseating smell in the morning, you know? 5 pm is a different matter...
anyway, as a thrifty guy, I did not want the leftover beer to go to waste and thought "I have heard of beer bread" and the wife tells me of begging her old roomies' boyfriend for a spare can of Bud to make beer bread with...and HO BOY, did this work out beautifully.... I mean, baked beans is the YIN and the bread of the YANG of a nice meal, right? (along with cucumber salad and a cold beer at dinner--I cooked with the cheap stuff, saving the good stuff to drink....next time I wanna use the good stuff to cook with! MORE FLAVOR I bet....)
It is hard to believe how easy and tasty this bread is, I wanna try more recipes like it!
(note--I did not have the exact ingredients for the beans and I improvised a little which was FINE...but with the bread I did the opposite---I did exactly what it said because it was something I had never done before, except I used veg. margerine over the top rather than butter, a spectacular crust, believe me :)
- ► 2015 (205)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ginormous beer mug INDEED!
- the PO f#$ks up but I come through....
- can you find the CAT in this picture?
- beer pizza dough = :)
- you know its a great weekend when it is over in th...
- the very very busy day indeed....
- 29 years plus 29 minutes....
- the TIGERs and ME
- feast with the beasts (???) PART ONE
- such amazing revelations and scenes....
- Penny the therapy dog and her sidekick, ME
- immensely cute....
- Cooperstown = the prettiest town in America! (or a...
- beer beer and more beer :)
- all I want is a new toy.....
- the wife likes it like that
- ME, nekkid, in a room with 2 pretty women not my w...
- in which we wander through the filming of GLEE
- PINK ROBOTS and LEGS IN TRASH CANS is what NY city...
- Mystery trip part ONE!
- sci-fi teaset!
- it all comes down to this
- killer kurry
- late summer = first apples and first APPLE CRISP
- reasons to get up in the morning....
- day of the ZUCCHINI
- robot pots
- flippin' awesome week :)
- you would kill for my blueberry scones....
- of laundry and pots!
- SECRET triple chocolate cookies recipe!
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)