I was invited to participate in a New York State decorative arts exhibition at the Cooperstown Art Association. There are thousands of artists in New York State, hundreds if not thousands of potters too, and it feels like quite an honor to be one of a few who gets the letter "we would like YOU to exhibit in our show". I love Cooperstown, I love the Art Association and its awesome director, and you may recall that I show in their permanent sales gallery. (pic below shows my items next to some enormous pots, not yet set up, and also in the sales gallery, plus also Cooperstown's Glimmerglass Lake)
SO, me and my boxes drive the 100 miles over there...having lived in New Hampshire, which has a very high opinon of itself and its beauty, for many years, upstate NY is much more modest about its charms and beauty, PLUS...empty. Ithaca to Cooperstown may be the prettiest 100 mile ride in America, in its way, but there is NObody around....except in Ithaca and Cooperstown. Miles of gorgeous green hills and streams and farms. On the way over I made note of the farm stands I planned to shop at on the way back, and you can see them below. There was a tiny little boy on a tiny chair selling flowers by the side of the road in front of his farm house, he was pretty impatient for customers, and he was gone when I returned, but had left a jar for your money.....
- ► 2016 (298)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ginormous beer mug INDEED!
- the PO f#$ks up but I come through....
- can you find the CAT in this picture?
- beer pizza dough = :)
- you know its a great weekend when it is over in th...
- the very very busy day indeed....
- 29 years plus 29 minutes....
- the TIGERs and ME
- feast with the beasts (???) PART ONE
- such amazing revelations and scenes....
- Penny the therapy dog and her sidekick, ME
- immensely cute....
- Cooperstown = the prettiest town in America! (or a...
- beer beer and more beer :)
- all I want is a new toy.....
- the wife likes it like that
- ME, nekkid, in a room with 2 pretty women not my w...
- in which we wander through the filming of GLEE
- PINK ROBOTS and LEGS IN TRASH CANS is what NY city...
- Mystery trip part ONE!
- sci-fi teaset!
- it all comes down to this
- killer kurry
- late summer = first apples and first APPLE CRISP
- reasons to get up in the morning....
- day of the ZUCCHINI
- robot pots
- flippin' awesome week :)
- you would kill for my blueberry scones....
- of laundry and pots!
- SECRET triple chocolate cookies recipe!
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)