WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Gallery 41 Owego, NY August 3 and 17 . Ithaca Artist market July 26. Cooperstown Art Association "Earth, Wind, Fire" New York Invitational August 22-Sept 20.. Six Mile Creek Winery Harvest Fest September 13. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2013-2014
Monday, August 20, 2012
wife looks out the window Saturday and sees our adorable little beagle sunning herself on our own private Stonehendge we have in the back yard. This was just AFTER we had been at the Habitat for Humanity charity sale....Ithaca has a million people coming and going every season, with the 2 universities, and school starts this week, therefore a million awesome charity sales for new arrivals and people like us who are curious about finds....WELlllll, look at the adorable antique wooden school desk I got.....it is covered with graffitti...probably vintage 1930s - 1950s, right? (it was marked 20, but we got shelves for the closet AND the desk for 15, whatta bargain! As I loaded it into the car a family of four with little kids offered me 25 for the desk...and I was like "sorry, there is more nice stuff inside!" thinking "if they offered me 250...maybe...but I love this desk....")
I had desks like this in school. It is a beautiful full size, not child size, yet small to fit the corner next to THIS desk with the computer....I am always drawing on top of my laptop, and now I can swing my chair a few inches to the left, and voila! Always ready for drawing.....
adorable, also, if I may say, is the robot pot below, where he is swinging around a little blue car....it was all made on the pottery wheel, and came out warm from the kiln Saturday and was taken IMMEDIATELY to the exhibit in Cooperstown I told you about....
thanks for listening, have the awesome Monday!
Robot pot with car by Gary Rith, below, more of my desk area with chubby cat and new to me school desk for drawing....
- ► 2014 (200)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ginormous beer mug INDEED!
- the PO f#$ks up but I come through....
- can you find the CAT in this picture?
- beer pizza dough = :)
- you know its a great weekend when it is over in th...
- the very very busy day indeed....
- 29 years plus 29 minutes....
- the TIGERs and ME
- feast with the beasts (???) PART ONE
- such amazing revelations and scenes....
- Penny the therapy dog and her sidekick, ME
- immensely cute....
- Cooperstown = the prettiest town in America! (or a...
- beer beer and more beer :)
- all I want is a new toy.....
- the wife likes it like that
- ME, nekkid, in a room with 2 pretty women not my w...
- in which we wander through the filming of GLEE
- PINK ROBOTS and LEGS IN TRASH CANS is what NY city...
- Mystery trip part ONE!
- sci-fi teaset!
- it all comes down to this
- killer kurry
- late summer = first apples and first APPLE CRISP
- reasons to get up in the morning....
- day of the ZUCCHINI
- robot pots
- flippin' awesome week :)
- you would kill for my blueberry scones....
- of laundry and pots!
- SECRET triple chocolate cookies recipe!
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)