Tuesday, May 15, 2012
you always wondered how to make that awesome Thai peanut noodle sauce....here TIS!
My pal Claudia shared this peanut sauce last week and I was like "!!!!!" I looooove making peanut sauce and they always leave me wondering what is missing or they are heavy and gut busting...and her recipe is just like the Thai restaurants! BUT SO EASY. We had it for dinner Monday, will have it for lunch Tuesday, and a fresh and LARGER batch will be made Tuesday evening...with some for lunch Weds. It is so good it is all we are eating for like, a billion meals in a row.
how Gary adapted Claudia's peanut sauce with lime and coconut
--boil 6-8 oz of noodles--we used rice noodles, or simply one cup dry rice with 2 cups water
--in fry pan, saute 1/2 bell pepper, 1/2 onion, 3 cloves garlic, TBS fresh ginger and one carrot for 5-10 minutes
--chop up a bag of fake chicken strips..."morning something" makes them, they are are in the freezer section, toss in fry pan
--add tbs soy sauce and 2 tbs lime juice and bl. pepper to fry pan, toss stuff for a few minutes on low
--microwave 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli one-two minute, then add to fry pan, stir around
--drain noodles, or if rice simply top with yummy veg. and fake chicken mix, cover let it sit there a couple minutes
--in medium mix bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup coconut milk, and one tbs lime juice and 2 tbs soy sauce and one teas spicy chili-garlic sauce or tabasco or something like that, stir well------this is where I sorta added a little extra of ALL of those ingredients because it smelled good
--microwave 1-2 minutes then stir one more time then top veggie and noodle or rice mixture, oh GOODNESS.
In other news, Katie and her sister Maggie came over for the cookies and afternoon tea and to SPOIL MY BEAGLE...... and you can see Spike has a thing for afternoon tea also...have a great Tuesday!
- ► 2014 (325)
- ► 2013 (366)
- one fact and one dream and a lotta green and we ne...
- 4 + = died and gone to heaven.....and gluten free
- my gal gets a STETSON
- twin pies!
- the good, the bad, the lazy, the hard working...
- tasty goodness!!!!
- the BIG ICK factor.....
- not as dirty as cleaning septic tanks but ICK anyw...
- Its not easy being Green Days, Sam I am..... ;)
- late-breaking AWEsomeness :)
- beautiful food
- just one pretty piece....
- another deep dark secret....
- do I dare share a deep and dark secret?
- "slow and steady wins the race" -Tortoise
- a whole lotta green
- such beauty in nature!
- friends don't let friends garden like ME
- you always wondered how to make that awesome Thai ...
- oh happy Monday!
- the boy who kicked the hornet's nest....
- a winner in the four leaf clover lottery of life.....
- one fact and one dream and at least one frog: we ...
- 3 little banksies...
- FACT: Oatmeal cookies---good for your BRAIN ...or...
- believe in the power of the four leaf clover!
- Tiny Tim on Ice...
- green meanies....
- oh my, what a schweet and busy day...
- busy boy by himself
- the haiku monster strikes...
- here in my...
- my dog ate my...FOUR LEAF clover!
- NOT lettuce, cabbage or flowers, but.....
- ▼ May (37)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)